Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Film, Video & Photographic Arts at Hunter College

Find Schools Near

Film, Video & Photographic Arts at Hunter College

If you plan to study film, video and photographic arts, take a look at what Hunter College has to offer and decide if the program is a good match for you. Get started with the following essential facts.

Hunter is located in New York, New York and approximately 24,052 students attend the school each year. Of the 3,394 students who graduated with a bachelor’s degree from Hunter College in 2020, 48 of them were film, video and photographic arts majors.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Film, Video & Photographic Arts section at the bottom of this page.

Hunter Film, Video & Photographic Arts Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Film

Hunter Film, Video & Photographic Arts Rankings

Each year, College Factual ranks film programs across the country. The following shows how Hunter performed in these rankings.

Note: Rankings don't always give a complete picture of a school's strengths and weaknesses, so it's a good idea to extend your research and also look at other factors when trying to decide if the school is right for you.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The film major at Hunter is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Film, Video & Photographic Arts. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
167
206

How Much Do Film Graduates from Hunter Make?

The median salary of film students who receive their bachelor's degree at Hunter is $25,774. This is 16% higher than $22,250, which is the national average for all film bachelor's degree recipients.

undefined

Film Student Demographics at Hunter

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the film majors at Hunter College.

Hunter Film, Video & Photographic Arts Bachelor’s Program

56% Women
60% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2019-2020 academic year, 48 students earned a bachelor's degree in film from Hunter. About 56% of these graduates were women and the other 44% were men.

undefined

Prospective students may be interested in knowing that this school graduates 24% more racial-ethnic minorities in its film bachelor's program than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Hunter College with a bachelor's in film.

undefined
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 8
Black or African American 6
Hispanic or Latino 13
White 17
International Students 2
Other Races/Ethnicities 2

Hunter also has a doctoral program available in film. In 2020, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Film Grads May Go Into

A degree in film can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for NY, the home state for Hunter College.

Occupation Jobs in NY Average Salary in NY
Producers and Directors 26,110 $115,610
Art, Drama, and Music Professors 11,530 $99,870
Film and Video Editors 4,590 $92,170
Photographers 4,090 $53,150
Communications Professors 3,080 $90,470

References

*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.