Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Sociology at The City College of New York

Find Schools Near

Sociology at The City College of New York

Every sociology school has its own distinct culture and strengths. We've pulled together some statistics and other details to help you see how the sociology program at The City College of New York stacks up to those at other schools.

CCNY is located in New York, New York and approximately 15,227 students attend the school each year. Of the 2,660 students who graduated with a bachelor’s degree from The City College of New York in 2021, 69 of them were sociology majors.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Sociology section at the bottom of this page.

CCNY Sociology Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Sociology

CCNY Sociology Rankings

The following rankings from College Factual show how the sociology progam at CCNY compares to programs at other colleges and universities.

Note: Rankings don't always give a complete picture of a school's strengths and weaknesses, so it's a good idea to extend your research and also look at other factors when trying to decide if the school is right for you.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The sociology major at CCNY is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Sociology. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Popular Sociology Schools 134

In 2021, 0 student received their master’s degree in sociology from CCNY. This is the #201 most popular school for sociology master’s degree candidates in the country.

How Much Do Sociology Graduates from CCNY Make?

The median salary of sociology students who receive their bachelor's degree at CCNY is $36,402. This is great news for graduates of the program, since this figure is 19% higher than the national average of $30,566 for all sociology bachelor's degree recipients.


Sociology Student Demographics at CCNY

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the sociology majors at The City College of New York.

CCNY Sociology Bachelor’s Program

78% Women
90% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2020-2021 academic year, 69 students earned a bachelor's degree in sociology from CCNY. About 78% of these graduates were women and the other 22% were men.


Prospective students may be interested in knowing that this school graduates 31% more racial-ethnic minorities in its sociology bachelor's program than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from The City College of New York with a bachelor's in sociology.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 7
Black or African American 19
Hispanic or Latino 30
White 5
International Students 2
Other Races/Ethnicities 6

CCNY also has a doctoral program available in sociology. In 2021, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Sociology Grads May Go Into

A degree in sociology can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for NY, the home state for The City College of New York.

Occupation Jobs in NY Average Salary in NY
Managers 16,600 $124,160
Sociology Professors 1,290 $90,250
Sociologists 190 $75,800


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.