Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Information Science at Columbia University in the City of New York

Find Schools Near

Information Science at Columbia University in the City of New York

If you are interested in studying information science, you may want to check out the program at Columbia University in the City of New York. The following information will help you decide if it is a good fit for you.

Columbia is located in New York, New York and has a total student population of 30,135. Of the 2,654 students who graduated with a bachelor’s degree from Columbia University in the City of New York in 2021, 11 of them were information science majors.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Information Science section at the bottom of this page.

Columbia Information Science Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in IS

Columbia Information Science Rankings

The following rankings from College Factual show how the IS progam at Columbia compares to programs at other colleges and universities.

Note: Rankings don't always give a complete picture of a school's strengths and weaknesses, so it's a good idea to extend your research and also look at other factors when trying to decide if the school is right for you.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The IS major at Columbia is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Information Science. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Focused Information Science Schools 333

IS Student Demographics at Columbia

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the IS majors at Columbia University in the City of New York.

Columbia Information Science Bachelor’s Program

45% Women
64% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The IS program at Columbia awarded 11 bachelor's degrees in 2020-2021. About 55% of these degrees went to men with the other 45% going to women. The typical IS bachelor's degree program is made up of only 34% women. So female students are more repesented at Columbia since its program graduates 12% more women than average.


Prospective students may be interested in knowing that this school graduates 25% more racial-ethnic minorities in its IS bachelor's program than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Columbia University in the City of New York with a bachelor's in IS.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 3
Black or African American 1
Hispanic or Latino 3
White 3
International Students 1
Other Races/Ethnicities 0

Columbia also has a doctoral program available in IS. In 2021, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That IS Grads May Go Into

A degree in IS can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for NY, the home state for Columbia University in the City of New York.

Occupation Jobs in NY Average Salary in NY
Computer and Information Systems Managers 27,070 $190,310
Systems Software Developers 19,690 $115,120
Computer Science Professors 3,030 $105,860
Computer and Information Research Scientists 1,430 $131,220


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.