Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Biomathematics & Bioinformatics at Columbia University in the City of New York

Find Schools Near

Biomathematics & Bioinformatics at Columbia University in the City of New York

If you are interested in studying biomathematics and bioinformatics, you may want to check out the program at Columbia University in the City of New York. The following information will help you decide if it is a good fit for you.

Columbia is located in New York, New York and approximately 30,135 students attend the school each year.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Biomathematics & Bioinformatics section at the bottom of this page.

Columbia Biomathematics & Bioinformatics Degrees Available

  • Master’s Degree in Biomathematics
  • Doctorate Degree in Biomathematics

Columbia Biomathematics & Bioinformatics Rankings

Note: While rankings may be a good starting point when you're researching a school, they don't necessarily highlight all of a school's strengths. Don't forget to check out the other details that are available for a school to see if it has what you're looking for in a program.

There were 12 students who received their doctoral degrees in biomathematics, making the school the #11 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

Biomathematics Student Demographics at Columbia

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the biomathematics majors at Columbia University in the City of New York.

Columbia Biomathematics & Bioinformatics Master’s Program

65% Women
16% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2020-2021 academic year, 140 students earned a master's degree in biomathematics from Columbia. About 65% of these graduates were women and the other 35% were men.


The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Columbia University in the City of New York with a master's in biomathematics.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 17
Black or African American 1
Hispanic or Latino 3
White 21
International Students 91
Other Races/Ethnicities 7

Careers That Biomathematics Grads May Go Into

A degree in biomathematics can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for NY, the home state for Columbia University in the City of New York.

Occupation Jobs in NY Average Salary in NY
Software Applications Developers 52,640 $116,830
Health Specialties Professors 22,170 $127,230
Medical Scientists 9,500 $95,170
Biological Science Professors 4,590 $102,800
Computer and Information Research Scientists 1,430 $131,220


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.