Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Education at Claremont Graduate University

Find Schools Near

Education at Claremont Graduate University

Every education school has its own distinct culture and strengths. We've pulled together some statistics and other details to help you see how the education program at Claremont Graduate University stacks up to those at other schools.

Claremont Graduate University is located in Claremont, California and has a total student population of 1,949.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Education section at the bottom of this page.

Claremont Graduate University Education Degrees Available

  • Master’s Degree in Education
  • Doctorate Degree in Education

Claremont Graduate University Education Rankings

Note: Rankings don't always give a complete picture of a school's strengths and weaknesses, so it's a good idea to extend your research and also look at other factors when trying to decide if the school is right for you.

There were 21 students who received their doctoral degrees in education, making the school the #195 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

Education Student Demographics at Claremont Graduate University

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the education majors at Claremont Graduate University.

Claremont Graduate University Education Master’s Program

75% Women
78% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2020-2021 academic year, 72 students earned a master's degree in education from Claremont Graduate University. About 75% of these graduates were women and the other 25% were men. Nationwide, master's degree programs only see 19% men graduate in education each year. Claremont Graduate University does a better job at serving the male population as it supports 6% more men than average.


In the education master's program at this school, racial-ethnic minorities make up 78% of degree recipients. That is 47% better than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Claremont Graduate University with a master's in education.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 10
Black or African American 7
Hispanic or Latino 32
White 14
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 9

Concentrations Within Education

The following education concentations are available at Claremont Graduate University. The table shows all degrees awarded in this field awarded for all degree levels at Claremont Graduate University. A concentration may not be available for your level.

Concentration Annual Degrees Awarded
General Education 58
Teacher Education Grade Specific 44
Multilingual Education 9

Careers That Education Grads May Go Into

A degree in education can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for CA, the home state for Claremont Graduate University.

Occupation Jobs in CA Average Salary in CA
Teacher Assistants 167,950 $35,350
Elementary School Teachers 162,440 $80,100
High School Teachers 112,960 $80,510
Preschool Teachers 52,950 $37,850
Middle School Teachers 46,500 $75,660


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.