Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Teacher Education Subject Specific at Charleston Southern University

Find Schools Near

Teacher Education Subject Specific at Charleston Southern University

What traits are you looking for in a subject specific ed school? To help you decide if Charleston Southern University is right for you, we've gathered the following information about the school's subject specific ed program.

CSU is located in Charleston, South Carolina and approximately 3,477 students attend the school each year. In 2019, 27 subject specific ed majors received their bachelor's degree from CSU.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Teacher Education Subject Specific section at the bottom of this page.

CSU Teacher Education Subject Specific Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Subject Specific Ed

CSU Teacher Education Subject Specific Rankings

The following rankings from College Factual show how the subject specific ed progam at CSU compares to programs at other colleges and universities.

Note: While rankings may be a good starting point when you're researching a school, they don't necessarily highlight all of a school's strengths. Don't forget to check out the other details that are available for a school to see if it has what you're looking for in a program.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The subject specific ed major at CSU is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Teacher Education Subject Specific. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Focused Teacher Education Subject Specific Bachelor’s Degree Schools 125
Most Popular Teacher Education Subject Specific Bachelor’s Degree Schools 209
Best Value Teacher Education Subject Specific Bachelor’s Degree Schools 456
Best Teacher Education Subject Specific Bachelor’s Degree Schools 480
Best Teacher Education Subject Specific Schools 596

Subject Specific Ed Student Demographics at CSU

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the subject specific ed majors at Charleston Southern University.

CSU Teacher Education Subject Specific Bachelor’s Program

52% Women
19% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The subject specific ed program at CSU awarded 27 bachelor's degrees in 2018-2019. About 48% of these degrees went to men with the other 52% going to women. The typical subject specific ed bachelor's degree program is made up of only 33% men. So male students are more repesented at CSU since its program graduates 15% more men than average.

CSU Gender Breakdown of Teacher Education Subject Specific Bachelor's Degree Grads

About 78% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in subject specific ed at CSU are white. This is above average for this degree on the nationwide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Charleston Southern University with a bachelor's in subject specific ed.

Racial-Ethnic Diversity of Teacher Education Subject Specific Majors at Charleston Southern University
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 5
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 21
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 1

CSU also has a doctoral program available in subject specific ed. In 2019, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Subject Specific Ed Grads May Go Into

A degree in subject specific ed can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for SC, the home state for Charleston Southern University.

Occupation Jobs in SC Average Salary in SC
Elementary School Teachers 22,530 $51,240
High School Teachers 15,310 $54,400
Middle School Teachers 8,360 $52,520
Fitness Trainers and Aerobics Instructors 3,430 $34,170
Coaches and Scouts 3,390 $50,250

References

*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.