Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Special Education at Capella University

Find Schools Near

Special Education at Capella University

If you are interested in studying special education, you may want to check out the program at Capella University. The following information will help you decide if it is a good fit for you.

Capella University is located in Minneapolis, Minnesota and has a total student population of 36,284.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Special Education section at the bottom of this page.

Capella University Special Education Degrees Available

  • Master’s Degree in Special Ed

Online Classes Are Available at Capella University

Online courses are a good option for students who need a more flexible schedule that allows them to pursue an education when and where they want. Whether you're going to school part-time or full-time, you may find distance education the right choice for you.

Capella University does offer online education options in special ed for the following degree levels for those interested in distance learning:

  • Master’s Degree

Capella University Special Education Rankings

Special Ed Student Demographics at Capella University

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the special ed majors at Capella University.

Capella University Special Education Master’s Program

85% Women
62% Racial-Ethnic Minorities
The special ed program at Capella University awarded 39 master's degrees in 2018-2019. About 15% of these degrees went to men with the other 85% going to women.

Capella University Gender Breakdown of Special Education Master's Degree Grads

In the special ed master's program at this school, racial-ethnic minorities make up 62% of degree recipients. That is 36% better than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Capella University with a master's in special ed.

Racial-Ethnic Diversity of Special Education Majors at Capella University
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 16
Hispanic or Latino 5
White 8
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 10

Careers That Special Ed Grads May Go Into

A degree in special ed can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for MN, the home state for Capella University.

Occupation Jobs in MN Average Salary in MN
Special Education Professors 4,910 $62,670
Kindergarten or Elementary School Special Education Teachers 4,600 $63,030
Middle School Special Education Teachers 1,690 $66,240
Special Education Preschool Teachers 1,490 $62,810
Interpreters and Translators 1,440 $52,730

References

*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.