Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Management Information Systems at Capella University

Find Schools Near

Management Information Systems at Capella University

If you plan to study management information systems, take a look at what Capella University has to offer and decide if the program is a good match for you. Get started with the following essential facts.

Capella University is located in Minneapolis, Minnesota and has a total student population of 38,930.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Management Information Systems section at the bottom of this page.

Capella University Management Information Systems Degrees Available

  • Master’s Degree in MIS
  • Doctorate Degree in MIS

Online Classes Are Available at Capella University

Don't have the time or the flexibility in your schedule to take traditional classes? Online courses may be the perfect solution for you. They allow independent learners to study when and where they want to while offering the rigor of in-person classes.

Are you one of the many who prefer to take online classes? Capella University offers distance education options for MIS at the following degree levels:

  • Master’s Degree

Capella University Management Information Systems Rankings

Note: Although rankings can help you see some information about a school, it's not a good idea to depend on them alone. Be sure to check out other things about the school before making your decision to attend.

There were 6 students who received their doctoral degrees in MIS, making the school the #2 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

MIS Student Demographics at Capella University

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the MIS majors at Capella University.

Capella University Management Information Systems Master’s Program

23% Women
54% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The MIS program at Capella University awarded 13 master's degrees in 2019-2020. About 77% of these degrees went to men with the other 23% going to women.

undefined

In the MIS master's program at this school, racial-ethnic minorities make up 54% of degree recipients. That is 17% better than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Capella University with a master's in MIS.

undefined
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 5
Hispanic or Latino 2
White 4
International Students 1
Other Races/Ethnicities 1

Careers That MIS Grads May Go Into

A degree in MIS can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for MN, the home state for Capella University.

Occupation Jobs in MN Average Salary in MN
Computer and Information Systems Managers 9,510 $143,300
Computer Programmers 4,520 $86,710

References

*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.