Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Archeology at Brown University

Find Schools Near

Archeology at Brown University

If you plan to study archeology, take a look at what Brown University has to offer and decide if the program is a good match for you. Get started with the following essential facts.

Brown is located in Providence, Rhode Island and approximately 10,333 students attend the school each year. Of the 2,097 students who graduated with a bachelor’s degree from Brown University in 2019, 11 of them were archeology majors.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Archeology section at the bottom of this page.

Brown Archeology Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Archeology
  • Doctorate Degree in Archeology

Brown Archeology Rankings

The following rankings from College Factual show how the archeology progam at Brown compares to programs at other colleges and universities.

Note: Rankings don't always give a complete picture of a school's strengths and weaknesses, so it's a good idea to extend your research and also look at other factors when trying to decide if the school is right for you.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The archeology major at Brown is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Archeology. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Focused Archeology Bachelor’s Degree Schools 13
Best Value Archeology Schools 26

In 2019, 0 student received their master’s degree in archeology from Brown. This is the #14 most popular school for archeology master’s degree candidates in the country.

Archeology Student Demographics at Brown

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the archeology majors at Brown University.

Brown Archeology Bachelor’s Program

64% Women
9% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The archeology program at Brown awarded 11 bachelor's degrees in 2018-2019. About 36% of these degrees went to men with the other 64% going to women. The typical archeology bachelor's degree program is made up of only 32% men. So male students are more repesented at Brown since its program graduates 5% more men than average.

Brown Gender Breakdown of Archeology Bachelor's Degree Grads

About 82% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in archeology at Brown are white. This is above average for this degree on the nationwide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Brown University with a bachelor's in archeology.

Racial-Ethnic Diversity of Archeology Majors at Brown University
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 9
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 2

Brown also has a doctoral program available in archeology. In 2019, 1 students graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Archeology Grads May Go Into

A degree in archeology can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for RI, the home state for Brown University.

Occupation Jobs in RI Average Salary in RI
Managers 830 $114,660

References

*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.