Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Information Science at American University

Find Schools Near

Information Science at American University

If you plan to study information science, take a look at what American University has to offer and decide if the program is a good match for you. Get started with the following essential facts.

The American University is located in Washington, District of Columbia and approximately 14,001 students attend the school each year.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Information Science section at the bottom of this page.

The American University Information Science Degrees Available

  • Master’s Degree in IS

The American University Information Science Rankings

Note: While rankings may be a good starting point when you're researching a school, they don't necessarily highlight all of a school's strengths. Don't forget to check out the other details that are available for a school to see if it has what you're looking for in a program.

IS Student Demographics at The American University

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the IS majors at American University.

The American University Information Science Master’s Program

53% Women
22% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2020-2021 academic year, 32 students earned a master's degree in IS from The American University. About 53% of these graduates were women and the other 47% were men.


The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from American University with a master's in IS.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 4
Black or African American 2
Hispanic or Latino 1
White 11
International Students 11
Other Races/Ethnicities 3

Careers That IS Grads May Go Into

A degree in IS can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for DC, the home state for American University.

Occupation Jobs in DC Average Salary in DC
Computer Workers 18,040 $117,540
Computer and Information Systems Managers 4,020 $168,500
Systems Software Developers 2,690 $115,610
Computer and Information Research Scientists 480 $127,900
Computer Science Professors 210 $123,250


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.