Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Special Education at American International College

Find Schools Near

Special Education at American International College

What traits are you looking for in a special ed school? To help you decide if American International College is right for you, we've gathered the following information about the school's special ed program.

AIC is located in Springfield, Massachusetts and approximately 2,612 students attend the school each year.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Special Education section at the bottom of this page.

AIC Special Education Degrees Available

  • Master’s Degree in Special Ed

AIC Special Education Rankings

Note: Although rankings can help you see some information about a school, it's not a good idea to depend on them alone. Be sure to check out other things about the school before making your decision to attend.

Special Ed Student Demographics at AIC

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the special ed majors at American International College.

AIC Special Education Master’s Program

77% Women
10% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2020-2021 academic year, 148 students earned a master's degree in special ed from AIC. About 77% of these graduates were women and the other 23% were men. Nationwide, master's degree programs only see 13% men graduate in special ed each year. AIC does a better job at serving the male population as it supports 10% more men than average.


Of the students who received a special ed master's degree from AIC, 84% were white. This is above average for this degree on the natiowide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from American International College with a master's in special ed.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 1
Black or African American 5
Hispanic or Latino 7
White 125
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 10

Careers That Special Ed Grads May Go Into

A degree in special ed can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for MA, the home state for American International College.

Occupation Jobs in MA Average Salary in MA
Kindergarten or Elementary School Special Education Teachers 6,490 $74,470
Special Education Professors 4,630 $76,080
Middle School Special Education Teachers 3,470 $74,500
Interpreters and Translators 2,140 $55,600
Special Education Preschool Teachers 1,060 $64,370


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.