Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Fine & Studio Arts at American Academy of Art

Find Schools Near

Fine & Studio Arts at American Academy of Art

What traits are you looking for in a Fine Arts school? To help you decide if American Academy of Art is right for you, we've gathered the following information about the school's Fine Arts program.

The Academy is located in Chicago, Illinois and has a total student population of 205. In 2019, 10 Fine Arts majors received their bachelor's degree from The Academy.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Fine & Studio Arts section at the bottom of this page.

The Academy Fine & Studio Arts Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Fine Arts

The Academy Fine & Studio Arts Rankings

The following rankings from College Factual show how the Fine Arts progam at The Academy compares to programs at other colleges and universities.

Note: Rankings don't always give a complete picture of a school's strengths and weaknesses, so it's a good idea to extend your research and also look at other factors when trying to decide if the school is right for you.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The Fine Arts major at The Academy is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Fine & Studio Arts. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Focused Fine & Studio Arts Bachelor’s Degree Schools 21
Most Focused Fine & Studio Arts Schools 45
Best Fine & Studio Arts Bachelor’s Degree Schools 449
Best Value Fine & Studio Arts Bachelor’s Degree Schools 458
Best Fine & Studio Arts Schools 469
Best Value Fine & Studio Arts Schools 486
Most Popular Fine & Studio Arts Bachelor’s Degree Schools 556
Most Popular Fine & Studio Arts Schools 727

How Much Do Fine Arts Graduates from The Academy Make?

The median salary of Fine Arts students who receive their bachelor's degree at The Academy is $17,900. This is less than $22,700, which is the national average of all Fine Arts majors in the nation who earn bachelor's degrees.

undefined

Fine Arts Student Demographics at The Academy

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the Fine Arts majors at American Academy of Art.

The Academy Fine & Studio Arts Bachelor’s Program

60% Women
40% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2018-2019 academic year, 10 students earned a bachelor's degree in Fine Arts from The Academy. About 60% of these graduates were women and the other 40% were men. The typical Fine Arts bachelor's degree program is made up of only 29% men. So male students are more repesented at The Academy since its program graduates 11% more men than average.

The Academy Gender Breakdown of Fine & Studio Arts Bachelor's Degree Grads

About 60% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in Fine Arts at The Academy are white. This is above average for this degree on the nationwide level. Prospective students may be interested in knowing that this school graduates 3% more racial-ethnic minorities in its Fine Arts bachelor's program than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from American Academy of Art with a bachelor's in Fine Arts.

Racial-Ethnic Diversity of Fine & Studio Arts Majors at American Academy of Art
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 4
White 6
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 0

The Academy also has a doctoral program available in Fine Arts. In 2019, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Fine Arts Grads May Go Into

A degree in Fine Arts can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for IL, the home state for American Academy of Art.

Occupation Jobs in IL Average Salary in IL
High School Teachers 43,720 $72,370
Art, Drama, and Music Professors 3,940 $68,360
Photographers 2,600 $36,290
Art Directors 2,080 $99,800
Museum Technicians and Conservators 940 $45,210

References

*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.