Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Film, Video & Photographic Arts at American Academy of Art

Find Schools Near

Film, Video & Photographic Arts at American Academy of Art

If you plan to study film, video and photographic arts, take a look at what American Academy of Art has to offer and decide if the program is a good match for you. Get started with the following essential facts.

The Academy is located in Chicago, Illinois and approximately 205 students attend the school each year. In the 2018-2019 academic year, 4 students received a bachelor's degree in film from The Academy.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Film, Video & Photographic Arts section at the bottom of this page.

The Academy Film, Video & Photographic Arts Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Film

The Academy Film, Video & Photographic Arts Rankings

The following rankings from College Factual show how the film progam at The Academy compares to programs at other colleges and universities.

Note: Rankings don't always give a complete picture of a school's strengths and weaknesses, so it's a good idea to extend your research and also look at other factors when trying to decide if the school is right for you.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The film major at The Academy is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Film, Video & Photographic Arts. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Focused Film, Video & Photographic Arts Bachelor’s Degree Schools 35
Most Focused Film, Video & Photographic Arts Schools 54
Best Film, Video & Photographic Arts Bachelor’s Degree Schools 214
Best Value Film, Video & Photographic Arts Bachelor’s Degree Schools 219
Best Film, Video & Photographic Arts Schools 253
Best Value Film, Video & Photographic Arts Schools 258
Most Popular Film, Video & Photographic Arts Bachelor’s Degree Schools 277
Most Popular Film, Video & Photographic Arts Schools 422

Film Student Demographics at The Academy

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the film majors at American Academy of Art.

The Academy Film, Video & Photographic Arts Bachelor’s Program

75% Women
25% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2018-2019 academic year, 4 students earned a bachelor's degree in film from The Academy. About 75% of these graduates were women and the other 25% were men. The typical film bachelor's degree program is made up of only 46% women. So female students are more repesented at The Academy since its program graduates 29% more women than average.

The Academy Gender Breakdown of Film, Video & Photographic Arts Bachelor's Degree Grads

About 75% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in film at The Academy are white. This is above average for this degree on the nationwide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from American Academy of Art with a bachelor's in film.

Racial-Ethnic Diversity of Film, Video & Photographic Arts Majors at American Academy of Art
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 1
White 3
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 0

The Academy also has a doctoral program available in film. In 2019, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Film Grads May Go Into

A degree in film can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for IL, the home state for American Academy of Art.

Occupation Jobs in IL Average Salary in IL
Art, Drama, and Music Professors 3,940 $68,360
Producers and Directors 2,950 $77,960
Photographers 2,600 $36,290
Communications Professors 1,810 $78,810
Television, Video, and Motion Picture Camera Operators 520 $45,340

References

*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.