What You Need to Know About Paper Goods Machine Setter, Operator, or Tender
Paper Goods Machine Operator Job Description Set up, operate, or tend paper goods machines that perform a variety of functions, such as converting, sawing, corrugating, banding, wrapping, boxing, stitching, forming, or sealing paper or paperboard sheets into products.
List of Paper Goods Machine Operator Job Duties
- Start machines and move controls to regulate tension on pressure rolls, to synchronize speed of machine components, and to adjust temperatures of glue or paraffin.
- Examine completed work to detect defects and verify conformance to work orders, and adjust machinery as necessary to correct production problems.
- Fill glue and paraffin reservoirs, and position rollers to dispense glue onto paperboard.
- Stamp products with information such as dates, using hand stamps or automatic stamping devices.
- Adjust guide assemblies, forming bars, and folding mechanisms according to specifications, using hand tools.
- Cut products to specified dimensions, using hand or power cutters.
Paper Goods Machine Operator Skills
These are the skills Paper Goods Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders say are the most useful in their careers:
Operation Monitoring: Watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
Operation and Control: Controlling operations of equipment or systems.
Quality Control Analysis: Conducting tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
Speaking: Talking to others to convey information effectively.
Critical Thinking: Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
Monitoring: Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
Types of Paper Goods Machine Setter, Operator, or Tender
- Lining Folder
- Paper Reel Operator
- Bag Presser
- Box Stamper
Job Opportunities for Paper Goods Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
There were about 94,600 jobs for Paper Goods Machine Setter, Operator, or Tender in 2016 (in the United States). There is little to no growth in job opportunities for Paper Goods Machine Setter, Operator, or Tender. The BLS estimates 8,300 yearly job openings in this field.
The states with the most job growth for Paper Goods Machine Operator are Nevada, Idaho, and Texas. Watch out if you plan on working in Massachusetts, Kansas, or Colorado. These states have the worst job growth for this type of profession.
What is the Average Salary of a Paper Goods Machine Operator
Paper Goods Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders make between $23,820 and $60,790 a year.
Paper Goods Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders who work in South Carolina, Oklahoma, or Oregon, make the highest salaries.
How much do Paper Goods Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders make in different U.S. states?
|State||Annual Mean Salary|
Tools & Technologies Used by Paper Goods Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
Below is a list of the types of tools and technologies that Paper Goods Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders may use on a daily basis:
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Office
- Adobe Systems Adobe Acrobat
- Adobe Systems Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Systems Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Systems Adobe InDesign
How to Become a Paper Goods Machine Operator
Learn what Paper Goods Machine Setter, Operator, or Tender education requirements there are.
How many years of work experience do I need?
Where Paper Goods Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders Work
The table below shows some of the most common industries where those employed in this career field work.
Those thinking about becoming a Paper Goods Machine Setter, Operator, or Tender might also be interested in the following careers:
Are you already one of the many Paper Goods Machine Setter, Operator, or Tender in the United States? If you’re thinking about changing careers, these fields are worth exploring:
- Textile Cutting Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Engine and Other Machine Assemblers
- Multiple Machine Tool Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Textile Winding, Twisting, and Drawing Out Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
More about our data sources and methodologies.
|Request Info||Southern New Hampshire University You have goals. Southern New Hampshire University can help you get there. Whether you need a bachelor's degree to get into a career or want a master's degree to move up in your current career, SNHU has an online program for you. Find your degree from over 200 online programs. Learn More >|