Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

General Education at Western Carolina University

Find Schools Near

General Education at Western Carolina University

What traits are you looking for in a education school? To help you decide if Western Carolina University is right for you, we've gathered the following information about the school's education program.

WCU is located in Cullowhee, North Carolina and approximately 12,167 students attend the school each year.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in General Education section at the bottom of this page.

WCU General Education Degrees Available

  • Master’s Degree in Education

Online Classes Are Available at WCU

Don't have the time or the flexibility in your schedule to take traditional classes? Online courses may be the perfect solution for you. They allow independent learners to study when and where they want to while offering the rigor of in-person classes.

Are you one of the many who prefer to take online classes? WCU offers distance education options for education at the following degree levels:

  • Master’s Degree

WCU General Education Rankings

Note: Although rankings can help you see some information about a school, it's not a good idea to depend on them alone. Be sure to check out other things about the school before making your decision to attend.

Education Student Demographics at WCU

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the education majors at Western Carolina University.

WCU General Education Master’s Program

92% Women
8% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2018-2019 academic year, 25 students earned a master's degree in education from WCU. About 92% of these graduates were women and the other 8% were men.

WCU Gender Breakdown of General Education Master's Degree Grads

Of the students who received a education master's degree from WCU, 92% were white. This is above average for this degree on the natiowide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Western Carolina University with a master's in education.

Racial-Ethnic Diversity of General Education Majors at Western Carolina University
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 2
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 23
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 0

Careers That Education Grads May Go Into

A degree in education can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for NC, the home state for Western Carolina University.

Occupation Jobs in NC Average Salary in NC
Education Professors 2,500 $66,990

References

*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.