Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Cognitive Science at Vassar College

Find Schools Near

Cognitive Science at Vassar College

If you plan to study cognitive science, take a look at what Vassar College has to offer and decide if the program is a good match for you. Get started with the following essential facts.

Vassar is located in Poughkeepsie, New York and approximately 2,435 students attend the school each year. In 2021, 17 cognitive science majors received their bachelor's degree from Vassar.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Cognitive Science section at the bottom of this page.

Vassar Cognitive Science Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Cognitive Science

Vassar Cognitive Science Rankings

The following rankings from College Factual show how the cognitive science progam at Vassar compares to programs at other colleges and universities.

Note: Although rankings can help you see some information about a school, it's not a good idea to depend on them alone. Be sure to check out other things about the school before making your decision to attend.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The cognitive science major at Vassar is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Cognitive Science. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Focused Cognitive Science Schools 4
Most Focused Cognitive Science Bachelor’s Degree Schools 4
Best Cognitive Science Bachelor’s Degree Schools 20
Best Cognitive Science Schools 24
Best Value Cognitive Science Bachelor’s Degree Schools 28
Best Value Cognitive Science Schools 36

Earnings of Vassar Cognitive Science Graduates

The median salary of cognitive science students who receive their bachelor's degree at Vassar is $35,926. Unfortunately, this is lower than the national average of $37,992 for all cognitive science students.


Cognitive Science Student Demographics at Vassar

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the cognitive science majors at Vassar College.

Vassar Cognitive Science Bachelor’s Program

47% Women
24% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2020-2021 academic year, 17 students earned a bachelor's degree in cognitive science from Vassar. About 47% of these graduates were women and the other 53% were men. The typical cognitive science bachelor's degree program is made up of only 35% men. So male students are more repesented at Vassar since its program graduates 18% more men than average.


About 53% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in cognitive science at Vassar are white. This is above average for this degree on the nationwide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Vassar College with a bachelor's in cognitive science.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 1
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 1
White 9
International Students 4
Other Races/Ethnicities 2

Vassar also has a doctoral program available in cognitive science. In 2021, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.