Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

History at Vassar College

Find Schools Near

History at Vassar College

What traits are you looking for in a history school? To help you decide if Vassar College is right for you, we've gathered the following information about the school's history program.

Vassar is located in Poughkeepsie, New York and approximately 2,435 students attend the school each year. Of the 682 students who graduated with a bachelor’s degree from Vassar College in 2021, 22 of them were history majors.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in History section at the bottom of this page.

Vassar History Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in History

Vassar History Rankings

Each year, College Factual ranks history programs across the country. The following shows how Vassar performed in these rankings.

Note: Although rankings can help you see some information about a school, it's not a good idea to depend on them alone. Be sure to check out other things about the school before making your decision to attend.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The history major at Vassar is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for History. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Focused History Bachelor’s Degree Schools 96
Best History Schools 243
Best History Bachelor’s Degree Schools 243
Most Popular History Bachelor’s Degree Schools 337
Best Value History Bachelor’s Degree Schools 412
Best Value History Schools 413

How Much Do History Graduates from Vassar Make?

The median salary of history students who receive their bachelor's degree at Vassar is $18,009. This is less than $28,881, which is the national average of all history majors in the nation who earn bachelor's degrees.


History Student Demographics at Vassar

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the history majors at Vassar College.

Vassar History Bachelor’s Program

64% Women
14% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The history program at Vassar awarded 22 bachelor's degrees in 2020-2021. About 36% of these degrees went to men with the other 64% going to women. The typical history bachelor's degree program is made up of only 43% women. So female students are more repesented at Vassar since its program graduates 21% more women than average.


About 73% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in history at Vassar are white. This is above average for this degree on the nationwide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Vassar College with a bachelor's in history.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 2
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 16
International Students 3
Other Races/Ethnicities 1

Vassar also has a doctoral program available in history. In 2021, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That History Grads May Go Into

A degree in history can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for NY, the home state for Vassar College.

Occupation Jobs in NY Average Salary in NY
High School Teachers 74,830 $85,300
Managers 16,600 $124,160
History Professors 2,050 $93,000
Curators 1,570 $73,850
Museum Technicians and Conservators 1,490 $56,040


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.