Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

General Education at Vassar College

Find Schools Near

General Education at Vassar College

What traits are you looking for in a education school? To help you decide if Vassar College is right for you, we've gathered the following information about the school's education program.

Vassar is located in Poughkeepsie, New York and has a total student population of 2,435. In the 2020-2021 academic year, 19 students received a bachelor's degree in education from Vassar.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in General Education section at the bottom of this page.

Vassar General Education Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Education

Vassar General Education Rankings

Each year, College Factual ranks education programs across the country. The following shows how Vassar performed in these rankings.

Note: While rankings may be a good starting point when you're researching a school, they don't necessarily highlight all of a school's strengths. Don't forget to check out the other details that are available for a school to see if it has what you're looking for in a program.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The education major at Vassar is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for General Education. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Focused General Education Bachelor’s Degree Schools 48
Most Focused General Education Schools 199
Most Popular General Education Schools 290

Education Student Demographics at Vassar

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the education majors at Vassar College.

Vassar General Education Bachelor’s Program

84% Women
42% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The education program at Vassar awarded 19 bachelor's degrees in 2020-2021. About 16% of these degrees went to men with the other 84% going to women.


Prospective students may be interested in knowing that this school graduates 8% more racial-ethnic minorities in its education bachelor's program than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Vassar College with a bachelor's in education.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 3
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 8
International Students 3
Other Races/Ethnicities 5

Vassar also has a doctoral program available in education. In 2021, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Education Grads May Go Into

A degree in education can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for NY, the home state for Vassar College.

Occupation Jobs in NY Average Salary in NY
Education Professors 5,590 $88,580


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.