Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Ethnic Studies at University of Washington - Tacoma Campus

Find Schools Near

Ethnic Studies at University of Washington - Tacoma Campus

What traits are you looking for in a ethnic studies school? To help you decide if University of Washington - Tacoma Campus is right for you, we've gathered the following information about the school's ethnic studies program.

UW Tacoma is located in Tacoma, Washington and has a total student population of 5,329. Of the 1,523 students who graduated with a bachelor’s degree from University of Washington - Tacoma Campus in 2019, 26 of them were ethnic studies majors.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Ethnic Studies section at the bottom of this page.

UW Tacoma Ethnic Studies Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Ethnic Studies

UW Tacoma Ethnic Studies Rankings

The following rankings from College Factual show how the ethnic studies progam at UW Tacoma compares to programs at other colleges and universities.

Note: Rankings don't always give a complete picture of a school's strengths and weaknesses, so it's a good idea to extend your research and also look at other factors when trying to decide if the school is right for you.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The ethnic studies major at UW Tacoma is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Ethnic Studies. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Ethnic Studies Bachelor’s Degree Schools 31
Most Focused Ethnic Studies Bachelor’s Degree Schools 52
Most Focused Ethnic Studies Schools 75
Most Popular Ethnic Studies Schools 82

How Much Do Ethnic Studies Graduates from UW Tacoma Make?

The median salary of ethnic studies students who receive their bachelor's degree at UW Tacoma is $29,400. This is 6% higher than $27,700, which is the national average for all ethnic studies bachelor's degree recipients.

undefined

Ethnic Studies Student Demographics at UW Tacoma

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the ethnic studies majors at University of Washington - Tacoma Campus.

UW Tacoma Ethnic Studies Bachelor’s Program

77% Women
77% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The ethnic studies program at UW Tacoma awarded 26 bachelor's degrees in 2018-2019. About 23% of these degrees went to men with the other 77% going to women. The typical ethnic studies bachelor's degree program is made up of only 20% men. So male students are more repesented at UW Tacoma since its program graduates 3% more men than average.

UW Tacoma Gender Breakdown of Ethnic Studies Bachelor's Degree Grads

Prospective students may be interested in knowing that this school graduates 23% more racial-ethnic minorities in its ethnic studies bachelor's program than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from University of Washington - Tacoma Campus with a bachelor's in ethnic studies.

Racial-Ethnic Diversity of Ethnic Studies Majors at University of Washington - Tacoma Campus
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 4
Black or African American 6
Hispanic or Latino 6
White 4
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 6

UW Tacoma also has a doctoral program available in ethnic studies. In 2019, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Ethnic Studies Grads May Go Into

A degree in ethnic studies can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for WA, the home state for University of Washington - Tacoma Campus.

Occupation Jobs in WA Average Salary in WA
Interpreters and Translators 880 $48,560
Area, Ethnic, and Cultural Studies Professors 180 $75,940

References

*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.