Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

General Education at University of Washington - Tacoma Campus

Find Schools Near

General Education at University of Washington - Tacoma Campus

If you plan to study general education, take a look at what University of Washington - Tacoma Campus has to offer and decide if the program is a good match for you. Get started with the following essential facts.

UW Tacoma is located in Tacoma, Washington and has a total student population of 5,329.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in General Education section at the bottom of this page.

UW Tacoma General Education Degrees Available

  • Master’s Degree in Education
  • Doctorate Degree in Education

UW Tacoma General Education Rankings

Note: While rankings may be a good starting point when you're researching a school, they don't necessarily highlight all of a school's strengths. Don't forget to check out the other details that are available for a school to see if it has what you're looking for in a program.

In 2019, 22 students received their master’s degree in education from UW Tacoma. This makes it the #174 most popular school for education master’s degree candidates in the country.

There were 11 students who received their doctoral degrees in education, making the school the #42 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

Education Student Demographics at UW Tacoma

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the education majors at University of Washington - Tacoma Campus.

UW Tacoma General Education Master’s Program

77% Women
32% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The education program at UW Tacoma awarded 22 master's degrees in 2018-2019. About 23% of these degrees went to men with the other 77% going to women. Nationwide, master's degree programs only see 21% men graduate in education each year. UW Tacoma does a better job at serving the male population as it supports 1% more men than average.

UW Tacoma Gender Breakdown of General Education Master's Degree Grads

Of the students who received a education master's degree from UW Tacoma, 68% were white. This is above average for this degree on the natiowide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from University of Washington - Tacoma Campus with a master's in education.

Racial-Ethnic Diversity of General Education Majors at University of Washington - Tacoma Campus
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 1
Black or African American 1
Hispanic or Latino 4
White 15
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 1

UW Tacoma also has a doctoral program available in education. In 2019, 11 students graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Education Grads May Go Into

A degree in education can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for WA, the home state for University of Washington - Tacoma Campus.

Occupation Jobs in WA Average Salary in WA
Education Professors 1,150 $72,280

References

*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.