Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Statistics at University of Rochester

Find Schools Near

Statistics at University of Rochester

If you plan to study statistics, take a look at what University of Rochester has to offer and decide if the program is a good match for you. Get started with the following essential facts.

University of Rochester is located in Rochester, New York and approximately 11,741 students attend the school each year. In 2021, 26 stats majors received their bachelor's degree from University of Rochester.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Statistics section at the bottom of this page.

University of Rochester Statistics Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Stats
  • Master’s Degree in Stats
  • Doctorate Degree in Stats

University of Rochester Statistics Rankings

The following rankings from College Factual show how the stats progam at University of Rochester compares to programs at other colleges and universities.

Note: Rankings don't always give a complete picture of a school's strengths and weaknesses, so it's a good idea to extend your research and also look at other factors when trying to decide if the school is right for you.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The stats major at University of Rochester is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Statistics. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Focused Statistics Doctor’s Degree Schools 7
Best Statistics Doctor’s Degree Schools 14
Best Statistics Schools 31
Most Popular Statistics Master’s Degree Schools 104

In 2021, 7 students received their master’s degree in stats from University of Rochester. This makes it the #105 most popular school for stats master’s degree candidates in the country.

There were 6 students who received their doctoral degrees in stats, making the school the #29 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

Stats Student Demographics at University of Rochester

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the stats majors at University of Rochester.

University of Rochester Statistics Bachelor’s Program

54% Women
27% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The stats program at University of Rochester awarded 26 bachelor's degrees in 2020-2021. About 46% of these degrees went to men with the other 54% going to women. The typical stats bachelor's degree program is made up of only 43% women. So female students are more repesented at University of Rochester since its program graduates 11% more women than average.


Prospective students may be interested in knowing that this school graduates 3% more racial-ethnic minorities in its stats bachelor's program than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from University of Rochester with a bachelor's in stats.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 4
Black or African American 1
Hispanic or Latino 1
White 2
International Students 17
Other Races/Ethnicities 1

University of Rochester Statistics Master’s Program

29% Women
Of the 7 students who earned a master's degree in Statistics from University of Rochester in 2020-2021, 71% were men and 29% were women.


Of the students who received a stats master's degree from University of Rochester, 57% were white. This is above average for this degree on the natiowide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from University of Rochester with a master's in stats.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 4
International Students 3
Other Races/Ethnicities 0

University of Rochester also has a doctoral program available in stats. In 2021, 6 students graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Stats Grads May Go Into

A degree in stats can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for NY, the home state for University of Rochester.

Occupation Jobs in NY Average Salary in NY
Mathematical Science Professors 4,700 $105,070
Actuaries 2,320 $150,950
Natural Sciences Managers 1,360 $148,460
Statisticians 1,120 $95,870
Survey Researchers 710 $74,130


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.