Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Mathematics at University of Rochester

Find Schools Near

Mathematics at University of Rochester

If you are interested in studying mathematics, you may want to check out the program at University of Rochester. The following information will help you decide if it is a good fit for you.

University of Rochester is located in Rochester, New York and has a total student population of 11,741. Of the 2,035 students who graduated with a bachelor’s degree from University of Rochester in 2021, 63 of them were mathematics majors.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Mathematics section at the bottom of this page.

University of Rochester Mathematics Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Math
  • Master’s Degree in Math
  • Doctorate Degree in Math

University of Rochester Mathematics Rankings

The following rankings from College Factual show how the math progam at University of Rochester compares to programs at other colleges and universities.

Note: Although rankings can help you see some information about a school, it's not a good idea to depend on them alone. Be sure to check out other things about the school before making your decision to attend.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The math major at University of Rochester is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Mathematics. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Popular Mathematics Doctor’s Degree Schools 52
Most Popular Mathematics Bachelor’s Degree Schools 72
Most Focused Mathematics Bachelor’s Degree Schools 209
Most Focused Mathematics Schools 225
Best Value Mathematics Schools 240
Best Value Mathematics Bachelor’s Degree Schools 241

In 2021, 1 student received their master’s degree in math from University of Rochester. This is the #270 most popular school for math master’s degree candidates in the country.

There were 8 students who received their doctoral degrees in math, making the school the #53 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

How Much Do Math Graduates from University of Rochester Make?

The median salary of math students who receive their bachelor's degree at University of Rochester is $52,983. This is great news for graduates of the program, since this figure is 23% higher than the national average of $43,164 for all math bachelor's degree recipients.


Math Student Demographics at University of Rochester

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the math majors at University of Rochester.

University of Rochester Mathematics Bachelor’s Program

29% Women
10% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The math program at University of Rochester awarded 63 bachelor's degrees in 2020-2021. About 71% of these degrees went to men with the other 29% going to women.


The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from University of Rochester with a bachelor's in math.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 3
Black or African American 1
Hispanic or Latino 1
White 24
International Students 29
Other Races/Ethnicities 5

University of Rochester Mathematics Master’s Program

100% Women
In the 2020-2021 academic year, 1 student earned a master's degree in math from University of Rochester.


The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from University of Rochester with a master's in math.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 0
International Students 1
Other Races/Ethnicities 0

University of Rochester also has a doctoral program available in math. In 2021, 8 students graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Math Grads May Go Into

A degree in math can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for NY, the home state for University of Rochester.

Occupation Jobs in NY Average Salary in NY
High School Teachers 74,830 $85,300
Mathematical Science Professors 4,700 $105,070
Natural Sciences Managers 1,360 $148,460
Statisticians 1,120 $95,870


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.