Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Liberal Arts General Studies at University of Rochester

Find Schools Near

Liberal Arts General Studies at University of Rochester

What traits are you looking for in a liberal arts school? To help you decide if University of Rochester is right for you, we've gathered the following information about the school's liberal arts program.

University of Rochester is located in Rochester, New York and has a total student population of 11,741. In the 2020-2021 academic year, 10 students received a bachelor's degree in liberal arts from University of Rochester.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Liberal Arts General Studies section at the bottom of this page.

University of Rochester Liberal Arts General Studies Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Liberal Arts

University of Rochester Liberal Arts General Studies Rankings

Each year, College Factual ranks liberal arts programs across the country. The following shows how University of Rochester performed in these rankings.

Note: While rankings may be a good starting point when you're researching a school, they don't necessarily highlight all of a school's strengths. Don't forget to check out the other details that are available for a school to see if it has what you're looking for in a program.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The liberal arts major at University of Rochester is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Liberal Arts General Studies. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Focused Liberal Arts General Studies Master’s Degree Schools 150
Most Focused Liberal Arts General Studies Schools 1,927

In 2021, 0 student received their master’s degree in liberal arts from University of Rochester. This is the #151 most popular school for liberal arts master’s degree candidates in the country.

Liberal Arts Student Demographics at University of Rochester

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the liberal arts majors at University of Rochester.

University of Rochester Liberal Arts General Studies Bachelor’s Program

40% Women
50% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The liberal arts program at University of Rochester awarded 10 bachelor's degrees in 2020-2021. About 60% of these degrees went to men with the other 40% going to women. The typical liberal arts bachelor's degree program is made up of only 35% men. So male students are more repesented at University of Rochester since its program graduates 25% more men than average.


Prospective students may be interested in knowing that this school graduates 2% more racial-ethnic minorities in its liberal arts bachelor's program than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from University of Rochester with a bachelor's in liberal arts.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 2
Black or African American 3
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 3
International Students 1
Other Races/Ethnicities 1

University of Rochester also has a doctoral program available in liberal arts. In 2021, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Liberal Arts Grads May Go Into

A degree in liberal arts can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for NY, the home state for University of Rochester.

Occupation Jobs in NY Average Salary in NY
Professors 6,440 $112,000


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.