Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Human Development & Family Studies at University of Rochester

Find Schools Near

Human Development & Family Studies at University of Rochester

If you are interested in studying human development and family studies, you may want to check out the program at University of Rochester. The following information will help you decide if it is a good fit for you.

University of Rochester is located in Rochester, New York and approximately 11,741 students attend the school each year.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Human Development & Family Studies section at the bottom of this page.

University of Rochester Human Development & Family Studies Degrees Available

  • Master’s Degree in Human Development
  • Doctorate Degree in Human Development

University of Rochester Human Development & Family Studies Rankings

Note: While rankings may be a good starting point when you're researching a school, they don't necessarily highlight all of a school's strengths. Don't forget to check out the other details that are available for a school to see if it has what you're looking for in a program.

There were 3 students who received their doctoral degrees in human development, making the school the #16 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

Human Development Student Demographics at University of Rochester

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the human development majors at University of Rochester.

University of Rochester Human Development & Family Studies Master’s Program

90% Women
50% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The human development program at University of Rochester awarded 10 master's degrees in 2020-2021. About 10% of these degrees went to men with the other 90% going to women.


The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from University of Rochester with a master's in human development.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 2
Black or African American 2
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 1
International Students 4
Other Races/Ethnicities 1

Careers That Human Development Grads May Go Into

A degree in human development can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for NY, the home state for University of Rochester.

Occupation Jobs in NY Average Salary in NY
Childcare Workers 47,260 $28,820
Social and Human Service Assistants 37,340 $37,180
Preschool Teachers 30,790 $48,630
Community and Social Service Specialists 15,510 $56,110
Farm and Home Management Advisors 70 $45,250


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.