Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Other Social Sciences at University of Pittsburgh - Pittsburgh Campus

Find Schools Near

Other Social Sciences at University of Pittsburgh - Pittsburgh Campus

What traits are you looking for in a other social sciences school? To help you decide if University of Pittsburgh - Pittsburgh Campus is right for you, we've gathered the following information about the school's other social sciences program.

Pitt is located in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and approximately 32,277 students attend the school each year. Of the 5,522 students who graduated with a bachelor’s degree from University of Pittsburgh - Pittsburgh Campus in 2021, 16 of them were other social sciences majors.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Other Social Sciences section at the bottom of this page.

Pitt Other Social Sciences Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Other Social Sciences

Pitt Other Social Sciences Rankings

Each year, College Factual ranks other social sciences programs across the country. The following shows how Pitt performed in these rankings.

Note: While rankings may be a good starting point when you're researching a school, they don't necessarily highlight all of a school's strengths. Don't forget to check out the other details that are available for a school to see if it has what you're looking for in a program.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The other social sciences major at Pitt is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Other Social Sciences. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Other Social Sciences Schools 49

How Much Do Other Social Sciences Graduates from Pitt Make?

The median salary of other social sciences students who receive their bachelor's degree at Pitt is $27,153. Unfortunately, this is lower than the national average of $31,812 for all other social sciences students.


Other Social Sciences Student Demographics at Pitt

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the other social sciences majors at University of Pittsburgh - Pittsburgh Campus.

Pitt Other Social Sciences Bachelor’s Program

56% Women
31% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The other social sciences program at Pitt awarded 16 bachelor's degrees in 2020-2021. About 44% of these degrees went to men with the other 56% going to women. The typical other social sciences bachelor's degree program is made up of only 34% men. So male students are more repesented at Pitt since its program graduates 10% more men than average.


About 69% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in other social sciences at Pitt are white. This is above average for this degree on the nationwide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from University of Pittsburgh - Pittsburgh Campus with a bachelor's in other social sciences.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 1
Black or African American 1
Hispanic or Latino 3
White 11
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 0

Pitt also has a doctoral program available in other social sciences. In 2021, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Other Social Sciences Grads May Go Into

A degree in other social sciences can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for PA, the home state for University of Pittsburgh - Pittsburgh Campus.

Occupation Jobs in PA Average Salary in PA
Managers 11,060 $126,290
Social Scientists 550 $83,400


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.