Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

General Social Sciences at University of Pittsburgh - Pittsburgh Campus

Find Schools Near

General Social Sciences at University of Pittsburgh - Pittsburgh Campus

If you are interested in studying general social sciences, you may want to check out the program at University of Pittsburgh - Pittsburgh Campus. The following information will help you decide if it is a good fit for you.

Pitt is located in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and has a total student population of 32,277. Of the 5,522 students who graduated with a bachelor’s degree from University of Pittsburgh - Pittsburgh Campus in 2021, 11 of them were general social sciences majors.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in General Social Sciences section at the bottom of this page.

Pitt General Social Sciences Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences

Pitt General Social Sciences Rankings

The social sciences major at Pitt is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for General Social Sciences. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Earnings of Pitt Social Sciences Graduates

The median salary of social sciences students who receive their bachelor's degree at Pitt is $32,131. This is about the same as the yearly salary of allsocial sciences bachelor's degree recipients across the nation.


Social Sciences Student Demographics at Pitt

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the social sciences majors at University of Pittsburgh - Pittsburgh Campus.

Pitt General Social Sciences Bachelor’s Program

36% Women
27% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2020-2021 academic year, 11 students earned a bachelor's degree in social sciences from Pitt. About 36% of these graduates were women and the other 64% were men. The typical social sciences bachelor's degree program is made up of only 30% men. So male students are more repesented at Pitt since its program graduates 33% more men than average.


About 73% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in social sciences at Pitt are white. This is above average for this degree on the nationwide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from University of Pittsburgh - Pittsburgh Campus with a bachelor's in social sciences.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 1
Hispanic or Latino 1
White 8
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 1

Pitt also has a doctoral program available in social sciences. In 2021, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Social Sciences Grads May Go Into

A degree in social sciences can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for PA, the home state for University of Pittsburgh - Pittsburgh Campus.

Occupation Jobs in PA Average Salary in PA
High School Teachers 50,460 $64,830
Managers 11,060 $126,290
Statisticians 3,710 $85,180
Social Science Research Assistants 1,480 $43,710
Social Sciences Professors 590 $95,490


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.