Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

East Asian Languages at University of Pittsburgh - Pittsburgh Campus

Find Schools Near

East Asian Languages at University of Pittsburgh - Pittsburgh Campus

What traits are you looking for in a East Asian school? To help you decide if University of Pittsburgh - Pittsburgh Campus is right for you, we've gathered the following information about the school's East Asian program.

Pitt is located in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and approximately 32,277 students attend the school each year. In 2021, 14 East Asian majors received their bachelor's degree from Pitt.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in East Asian Languages section at the bottom of this page.

Pitt East Asian Languages Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in East Asian

Pitt East Asian Languages Rankings

The East Asian major at Pitt is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for East Asian Languages. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

East Asian Student Demographics at Pitt

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the East Asian majors at University of Pittsburgh - Pittsburgh Campus.

Pitt East Asian Languages Bachelor’s Program

43% Women
29% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2020-2021 academic year, 14 students earned a bachelor's degree in East Asian from Pitt. About 43% of these graduates were women and the other 57% were men. The typical East Asian bachelor's degree program is made up of only 43% men. So male students are more repesented at Pitt since its program graduates 14% more men than average.


About 64% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in East Asian at Pitt are white. This is above average for this degree on the nationwide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from University of Pittsburgh - Pittsburgh Campus with a bachelor's in East Asian.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 2
Black or African American 2
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 9
International Students 1
Other Races/Ethnicities 0

Pitt also has a doctoral program available in East Asian. In 2021, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That East Asian Grads May Go Into

A degree in East Asian can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for PA, the home state for University of Pittsburgh - Pittsburgh Campus.

Occupation Jobs in PA Average Salary in PA
Foreign Language and Literature Professors 1,590 $78,240
Interpreters and Translators 750 $50,100


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.