Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

General Education at University of Pittsburgh - Pittsburgh Campus

Find Schools Near

General Education at University of Pittsburgh - Pittsburgh Campus

If you plan to study general education, take a look at what University of Pittsburgh - Pittsburgh Campus has to offer and decide if the program is a good match for you. Get started with the following essential facts.

Pitt is located in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and has a total student population of 32,277.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in General Education section at the bottom of this page.

Pitt General Education Degrees Available

  • Master’s Degree in Education
  • Doctorate Degree in Education

Online Classes Are Available at Pitt

Don't have the time or the flexibility in your schedule to take traditional classes? Online courses may be the perfect solution for you. They allow independent learners to study when and where they want to while offering the rigor of in-person classes.

For those who are interested in distance learning, Pitt does offer online courses in education for the following degree levels:

Pitt General Education Rankings

Note: Although rankings can help you see some information about a school, it's not a good idea to depend on them alone. Be sure to check out other things about the school before making your decision to attend.

There were 13 students who received their doctoral degrees in education, making the school the #32 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

Education Student Demographics at Pitt

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the education majors at University of Pittsburgh - Pittsburgh Campus.

Pitt General Education Master’s Program

77% Women
10% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The education program at Pitt awarded 141 master's degrees in 2020-2021. About 23% of these degrees went to men with the other 77% going to women. Nationwide, master's degree programs only see 20% men graduate in education each year. Pitt does a better job at serving the male population as it supports 3% more men than average.


Of the students who received a education master's degree from Pitt, 82% were white. This is above average for this degree on the natiowide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from University of Pittsburgh - Pittsburgh Campus with a master's in education.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 5
Black or African American 3
Hispanic or Latino 6
White 115
International Students 11
Other Races/Ethnicities 1

Careers That Education Grads May Go Into

A degree in education can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for PA, the home state for University of Pittsburgh - Pittsburgh Campus.

Occupation Jobs in PA Average Salary in PA
Education Professors 2,690 $70,990


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.