Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Public Policy at University of Pennsylvania

Find Schools Near

Public Policy at University of Pennsylvania

Every public policy school has its own distinct culture and strengths. We've pulled together some statistics and other details to help you see how the public policy program at University of Pennsylvania stacks up to those at other schools.

UPenn is located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and has a total student population of 26,552. Of the 3,499 students who graduated with a bachelor’s degree from University of Pennsylvania in 2021, 27 of them were public policy majors.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Public Policy section at the bottom of this page.

UPenn Public Policy Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Public Policy

UPenn Public Policy Rankings

The following rankings from College Factual show how the public policy progam at UPenn compares to programs at other colleges and universities.

Note: While rankings may be a good starting point when you're researching a school, they don't necessarily highlight all of a school's strengths. Don't forget to check out the other details that are available for a school to see if it has what you're looking for in a program.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The public policy major at UPenn is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Public Policy. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Public Policy Bachelor’s Degree Schools 10
Most Focused Public Policy Graduate Certificate Schools 24
Most Focused Public Policy Bachelor’s Degree Schools 57

In 2021, 0 student received their master’s degree in public policy from UPenn. This is the #98 most popular school for public policy master’s degree candidates in the country.

Public Policy Student Demographics at UPenn

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the public policy majors at University of Pennsylvania.

UPenn Public Policy Bachelor’s Program

48% Women
41% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2020-2021 academic year, 27 students earned a bachelor's degree in public policy from UPenn. About 48% of these graduates were women and the other 52% were men. The typical public policy bachelor's degree program is made up of only 39% men. So male students are more repesented at UPenn since its program graduates 13% more men than average.


Prospective students may be interested in knowing that this school graduates 6% more racial-ethnic minorities in its public policy bachelor's program than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from University of Pennsylvania with a bachelor's in public policy.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 7
Black or African American 3
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 13
International Students 3
Other Races/Ethnicities 1

UPenn also has a doctoral program available in public policy. In 2021, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Public Policy Grads May Go Into

A degree in public policy can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for PA, the home state for University of Pennsylvania.

Occupation Jobs in PA Average Salary in PA
Medical and Health Services Managers 16,410 $97,310
Health Specialties Professors 12,420 $95,160
Education Professors 2,690 $70,990
Social Scientists 550 $83,400


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.