Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

General Visual & Performing Arts at University of Missouri - Columbia

Find Schools Near

General Visual & Performing Arts at University of Missouri - Columbia

What traits are you looking for in a visual arts school? To help you decide if University of Missouri - Columbia is right for you, we've gathered the following information about the school's visual arts program.

Mizzou is located in Columbia, Missouri and has a total student population of 30,014. In 2019, 52 visual arts majors received their bachelor's degree from Mizzou.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in General Visual & Performing Arts section at the bottom of this page.

Mizzou General Visual & Performing Arts Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Visual Arts

Online Classes Are Available at Mizzou

Online courses are a good option for students who need a more flexible schedule that allows them to pursue an education when and where they want. Whether you're going to school part-time or full-time, you may find distance education the right choice for you.

For those who are interested in distance learning, Mizzou does offer online courses in visual arts for the following degree levels:

Mizzou General Visual & Performing Arts Rankings

Each year, College Factual ranks visual arts programs across the country. The following shows how Mizzou performed in these rankings.

Note: While rankings may be a good starting point when you're researching a school, they don't necessarily highlight all of a school's strengths. Don't forget to check out the other details that are available for a school to see if it has what you're looking for in a program.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The visual arts major at Mizzou is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for General Visual & Performing Arts. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Best General Visual & Performing Arts Schools 10
Best Value General Visual & Performing Arts Bachelor’s Degree Schools 15

Visual Arts Student Demographics at Mizzou

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the visual arts majors at University of Missouri - Columbia.

Mizzou General Visual & Performing Arts Bachelor’s Program

44% Women
23% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The visual arts program at Mizzou awarded 52 bachelor's degrees in 2018-2019. About 56% of these degrees went to men with the other 44% going to women. The typical visual arts bachelor's degree program is made up of only 42% men. So male students are more repesented at Mizzou since its program graduates 14% more men than average.

Mizzou Gender Breakdown of General Visual & Performing Arts Bachelor's Degree Grads

About 73% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in visual arts at Mizzou are white. This is above average for this degree on the nationwide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from University of Missouri - Columbia with a bachelor's in visual arts.

Racial-Ethnic Diversity of General Visual & Performing Arts Majors at University of Missouri - Columbia
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 8
Hispanic or Latino 1
White 38
International Students 2
Other Races/Ethnicities 3

Mizzou also has a doctoral program available in visual arts. In 2019, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Visual Arts Grads May Go Into

A degree in visual arts can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for MO, the home state for University of Missouri - Columbia.

Occupation Jobs in MO Average Salary in MO
Graphic Designers 3,740 $50,350
Art, Drama, and Music Professors 1,430 $80,570
Photographers 1,220 $36,470
Art Directors 850 $91,090
Multimedia Artists and Animators 450 $59,930

References

*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.