Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

International Relations & National Security at University of Delaware

Find Schools Near

International Relations & National Security at University of Delaware

Every international relations and national security school has its own distinct culture and strengths. We've pulled together some statistics and other details to help you see how the international relations program at University of Delaware stacks up to those at other schools.

UD is located in Newark, Delaware and approximately 23,613 students attend the school each year. Of the 4,743 students who graduated with a bachelor’s degree from University of Delaware in 2021, 55 of them were international relations and national security majors.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in International Relations & National Security section at the bottom of this page.

UD International Relations & National Security Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in International Relations

UD International Relations & National Security Rankings

The following rankings from College Factual show how the international relations progam at UD compares to programs at other colleges and universities.

Note: Rankings don't always give a complete picture of a school's strengths and weaknesses, so it's a good idea to extend your research and also look at other factors when trying to decide if the school is right for you.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The international relations major at UD is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for International Relations & National Security. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Value International Relations & Security Bachelor’s Degree Schools 72

How Much Do International Relations Graduates from UD Make?

The median salary of international relations students who receive their bachelor's degree at UD is $31,223. This is less than $35,647, which is the national average of all international relations majors in the nation who earn bachelor's degrees.


International Relations Student Demographics at UD

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the international relations majors at University of Delaware.

UD International Relations & National Security Bachelor’s Program

71% Women
20% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2020-2021 academic year, 55 students earned a bachelor's degree in international relations from UD. About 71% of these graduates were women and the other 29% were men.


About 73% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in international relations at UD are white. This is above average for this degree on the nationwide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from University of Delaware with a bachelor's in international relations.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 2
Black or African American 1
Hispanic or Latino 8
White 40
International Students 1
Other Races/Ethnicities 3

UD also has a doctoral program available in international relations. In 2021, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That International Relations Grads May Go Into

A degree in international relations can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for DE, the home state for University of Delaware.

Occupation Jobs in DE Average Salary in DE
Managers 900 $134,410


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.