Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Classical Languages & Literature at University of California - Santa Barbara

Find Schools Near

Classical Languages & Literature at University of California - Santa Barbara

If you plan to study classical languages and literature, take a look at what University of California - Santa Barbara has to offer and decide if the program is a good match for you. Get started with the following essential facts.

UCSB is located in Santa Barbara, California and approximately 26,314 students attend the school each year. In the 2018-2019 academic year, 11 students received a bachelor's degree in classical languages from UCSB.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Classical Languages & Literature section at the bottom of this page.

UCSB Classical Languages & Literature Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Classical Languages
  • Doctorate Degree in Classical Languages

UCSB Classical Languages & Literature Rankings

The following rankings from College Factual show how the classical languages progam at UCSB compares to programs at other colleges and universities.

Note: While rankings may be a good starting point when you're researching a school, they don't necessarily highlight all of a school's strengths. Don't forget to check out the other details that are available for a school to see if it has what you're looking for in a program.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The classical languages major at UCSB is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Classical Languages & Literature. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Value Classical Languages & Literature Doctor’s Degree Schools 3
Most Focused Classical Languages & Literature Doctor’s Degree Schools 8

In 2019, 0 student received their master’s degree in classical languages from UCSB. This is the #52 most popular school for classical languages master’s degree candidates in the country.

Classical Languages Student Demographics at UCSB

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the classical languages majors at University of California - Santa Barbara.

UCSB Classical Languages & Literature Bachelor’s Program

55% Women
36% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The classical languages program at UCSB awarded 11 bachelor's degrees in 2018-2019. About 45% of these degrees went to men with the other 55% going to women. The typical classical languages bachelor's degree program is made up of only 44% men. So male students are more repesented at UCSB since its program graduates 2% more men than average.

UCSB Gender Breakdown of Classical Languages & Literature Bachelor's Degree Grads

Prospective students may be interested in knowing that this school graduates 17% more racial-ethnic minorities in its classical languages bachelor's program than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from University of California - Santa Barbara with a bachelor's in classical languages.

Racial-Ethnic Diversity of Classical Languages & Literature Majors at University of California - Santa Barbara
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 1
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 1
White 5
International Students 1
Other Races/Ethnicities 3

UCSB also has a doctoral program available in classical languages. In 2019, 3 students graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Classical Languages Grads May Go Into

A degree in classical languages can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for CA, the home state for University of California - Santa Barbara.

Occupation Jobs in CA Average Salary in CA
High School Teachers 112,960 $80,510
Interpreters and Translators 9,310 $58,180
Foreign Language and Literature Professors 2,700 $114,690


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.