Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

General Education at University of California - Santa Barbara

Find Schools Near

General Education at University of California - Santa Barbara

What traits are you looking for in a education school? To help you decide if University of California - Santa Barbara is right for you, we've gathered the following information about the school's education program.

UCSB is located in Santa Barbara, California and approximately 26,314 students attend the school each year.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in General Education section at the bottom of this page.

UCSB General Education Degrees Available

  • Master’s Degree in Education
  • Doctorate Degree in Education

UCSB General Education Rankings

Note: While rankings may be a good starting point when you're researching a school, they don't necessarily highlight all of a school's strengths. Don't forget to check out the other details that are available for a school to see if it has what you're looking for in a program.

There were 20 students who received their doctoral degrees in education, making the school the #26 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

Education Student Demographics at UCSB

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the education majors at University of California - Santa Barbara.

UCSB General Education Master’s Program

81% Women
41% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2018-2019 academic year, 95 students earned a master's degree in education from UCSB. About 81% of these graduates were women and the other 19% were men.

UCSB Gender Breakdown of General Education Master's Degree Grads

Of the students who received a education master's degree from UCSB, 55% were white. This is typical for this degree on the natiowide level. In the education master's program at this school, racial-ethnic minorities make up 41% of degree recipients. That is 10% better than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from University of California - Santa Barbara with a master's in education.

Racial-Ethnic Diversity of General Education Majors at University of California - Santa Barbara
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 14
Black or African American 4
Hispanic or Latino 21
White 52
International Students 3
Other Races/Ethnicities 1

Careers That Education Grads May Go Into

A degree in education can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for CA, the home state for University of California - Santa Barbara.

Occupation Jobs in CA Average Salary in CA
Education Professors 3,380 $84,160


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.