Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Drama & Theater Arts at Towson University

Find Schools Near

Drama & Theater Arts at Towson University

Every drama and theater arts school has its own distinct culture and strengths. We've pulled together some statistics and other details to help you see how the theater program at Towson University stacks up to those at other schools.

Towson is located in Towson, Maryland and has a total student population of 21,917. Of the 4,791 students who graduated with a bachelor’s degree from Towson University in 2021, 36 of them were drama and theater arts majors.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Drama & Theater Arts section at the bottom of this page.

Towson Drama & Theater Arts Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Theater

Towson Drama & Theater Arts Rankings

The following rankings from College Factual show how the theater progam at Towson compares to programs at other colleges and universities.

Note: While rankings may be a good starting point when you're researching a school, they don't necessarily highlight all of a school's strengths. Don't forget to check out the other details that are available for a school to see if it has what you're looking for in a program.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The theater major at Towson is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Drama & Theater Arts. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Focused Drama & Theater Arts Bachelor’s Degree Schools 371

In 2021, 0 student received their master’s degree in theater from Towson. This is the #151 most popular school for theater master’s degree candidates in the country.

Theater Student Demographics at Towson

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the theater majors at Towson University.

Towson Drama & Theater Arts Bachelor’s Program

72% Women
31% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2020-2021 academic year, 36 students earned a bachelor's degree in theater from Towson. About 72% of these graduates were women and the other 28% were men.


About 69% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in theater at Towson are white. This is above average for this degree on the nationwide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Towson University with a bachelor's in theater.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 8
Hispanic or Latino 1
White 25
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 2

Towson also has a doctoral program available in theater. In 2021, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Theater Grads May Go Into

A degree in theater can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for MD, the home state for Towson University.

Occupation Jobs in MD Average Salary in MD
Art, Drama, and Music Professors 1,850 $74,160
Producers and Directors 1,590 $78,760
Writers and Authors 920 $75,430


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.