Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Economics at The College of New Jersey

Find Schools Near

Economics at The College of New Jersey

Every economics school has its own distinct culture and strengths. We've pulled together some statistics and other details to help you see how the economics program at The College of New Jersey stacks up to those at other schools.

TCNJ is located in Ewing, New Jersey and approximately 7,783 students attend the school each year. In 2021, 19 economics majors received their bachelor's degree from TCNJ.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Economics section at the bottom of this page.

TCNJ Economics Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Economics

TCNJ Economics Rankings

The following rankings from College Factual show how the economics progam at TCNJ compares to programs at other colleges and universities.

Note: While rankings may be a good starting point when you're researching a school, they don't necessarily highlight all of a school's strengths. Don't forget to check out the other details that are available for a school to see if it has what you're looking for in a program.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The economics major at TCNJ is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Economics. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Value Economics Bachelor’s Degree Schools 76
Best Value Economics Schools 81
Most Popular Economics Schools 392

How Much Do Economics Graduates from TCNJ Make?

The median salary of economics students who receive their bachelor's degree at TCNJ is $59,803. This is 30% higher than $45,868, which is the national average for all economics bachelor's degree recipients.


Economics Student Demographics at TCNJ

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the economics majors at The College of New Jersey.

TCNJ Economics Bachelor’s Program

42% Women
11% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The economics program at TCNJ awarded 19 bachelor's degrees in 2020-2021. About 58% of these degrees went to men with the other 42% going to women. The typical economics bachelor's degree program is made up of only 36% women. So female students are more repesented at TCNJ since its program graduates 6% more women than average.


About 74% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in economics at TCNJ are white. This is above average for this degree on the nationwide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from The College of New Jersey with a bachelor's in economics.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 1
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 1
White 14
International Students 1
Other Races/Ethnicities 2

TCNJ also has a doctoral program available in economics. In 2021, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Economics Grads May Go Into

A degree in economics can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for NJ, the home state for The College of New Jersey.

Occupation Jobs in NJ Average Salary in NJ
Market Research Analysts and Marketing Specialists 19,330 $87,210
Managers 18,370 $138,820
Survey Researchers 480 $76,040
Economics Professors 340 $117,220
Economists 180 $100,500


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.