Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

History at The College of New Jersey

Find Schools Near

History at The College of New Jersey

If you are interested in studying history, you may want to check out the program at The College of New Jersey. The following information will help you decide if it is a good fit for you.

TCNJ is located in Ewing, New Jersey and approximately 7,783 students attend the school each year. In the 2020-2021 academic year, 48 students received a bachelor's degree in history from TCNJ.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in History section at the bottom of this page.

TCNJ History Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in History

TCNJ History Rankings

The following rankings from College Factual show how the history progam at TCNJ compares to programs at other colleges and universities.

Note: Although rankings can help you see some information about a school, it's not a good idea to depend on them alone. Be sure to check out other things about the school before making your decision to attend.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The history major at TCNJ is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for History. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Popular History Bachelor’s Degree Schools 137
Best History Schools 170
Best Value History Bachelor’s Degree Schools 218

Earnings of TCNJ History Graduates

The median salary of history students who receive their bachelor's degree at TCNJ is $20,765. Unfortunately, this is lower than the national average of $28,881 for all history students.


History Student Demographics at TCNJ

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the history majors at The College of New Jersey.

TCNJ History Bachelor’s Program

42% Women
15% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2020-2021 academic year, 48 students earned a bachelor's degree in history from TCNJ. About 42% of these graduates were women and the other 58% were men.


About 81% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in history at TCNJ are white. This is above average for this degree on the nationwide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from The College of New Jersey with a bachelor's in history.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 3
Hispanic or Latino 4
White 39
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 2

TCNJ also has a doctoral program available in history. In 2021, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That History Grads May Go Into

A degree in history can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for NJ, the home state for The College of New Jersey.

Occupation Jobs in NJ Average Salary in NJ
High School Teachers 29,140 $76,390
Managers 18,370 $138,820
History Professors 750 $91,270
Curators 120 $75,750
Historians 80 $76,320


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.