Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Economics at Temple University

Find Schools Near

Economics at Temple University

If you are interested in studying economics, you may want to check out the program at Temple University. The following information will help you decide if it is a good fit for you.

Temple is located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and approximately 37,236 students attend the school each year. In 2021, 85 economics majors received their bachelor's degree from Temple.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Economics section at the bottom of this page.

Temple Economics Degrees Available

  • Basic Certificate in Economics (Less Than 1 Year)
  • Bachelor’s Degree in Economics
  • Master’s Degree in Economics
  • Doctorate Degree in Economics

Temple Economics Rankings

The following rankings from College Factual show how the economics progam at Temple compares to programs at other colleges and universities.

Note: Although rankings can help you see some information about a school, it's not a good idea to depend on them alone. Be sure to check out other things about the school before making your decision to attend.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The economics major at Temple is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Economics. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank

In 2021, 6 students received their master’s degree in economics from Temple. This makes it the #150 most popular school for economics master’s degree candidates in the country.

There were 3 students who received their doctoral degrees in economics, making the school the #97 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

How Much Do Economics Graduates from Temple Make?

The median salary of economics students who receive their bachelor's degree at Temple is $41,791. Unfortunately, this is lower than the national average of $45,868 for all economics students.


Economics Student Demographics at Temple

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the economics majors at Temple University.

Temple Economics Bachelor’s Program

34% Women
27% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
Of the 85 economics students who graduated with a bachelor's degree in 2020-2021 from Temple, about 66% were men and 34% were women.


About 60% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in economics at Temple are white. This is above average for this degree on the nationwide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Temple University with a bachelor's in economics.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 8
Black or African American 8
Hispanic or Latino 5
White 51
International Students 7
Other Races/Ethnicities 6

Temple Economics Master’s Program

17% Women
The economics program at Temple awarded 6 master's degrees in 2020-2021. About 83% of these degrees went to men with the other 17% going to women.


Of the students who received a economics master's degree from Temple, 67% were white. This is above average for this degree on the natiowide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Temple University with a master's in economics.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 4
International Students 2
Other Races/Ethnicities 0

Temple also has a doctoral program available in economics. In 2021, 3 students graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Economics Grads May Go Into

A degree in economics can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for PA, the home state for Temple University.

Occupation Jobs in PA Average Salary in PA
Market Research Analysts and Marketing Specialists 26,750 $68,630
Managers 11,060 $126,290
Economics Professors 710 $131,060
Economists 610 $87,630
Survey Researchers 510 $60,810


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.