Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Statistics at Temple University

Find Schools Near

Statistics at Temple University

If you are interested in studying statistics, you may want to check out the program at Temple University. The following information will help you decide if it is a good fit for you.

Temple is located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and has a total student population of 37,236. In 2021, 26 stats majors received their bachelor's degree from Temple.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Statistics section at the bottom of this page.

Temple Statistics Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Stats
  • Master’s Degree in Stats
  • Doctorate Degree in Stats

Temple Statistics Rankings

Each year, College Factual ranks stats programs across the country. The following shows how Temple performed in these rankings.

Note: While rankings may be a good starting point when you're researching a school, they don't necessarily highlight all of a school's strengths. Don't forget to check out the other details that are available for a school to see if it has what you're looking for in a program.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The stats major at Temple is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Statistics. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Popular Statistics Bachelor’s Degree Schools 51
Most Focused Statistics Doctor’s Degree Schools 67
Most Popular Statistics Master’s Degree Schools 74

In 2021, 13 students received their master’s degree in stats from Temple. This makes it the #75 most popular school for stats master’s degree candidates in the country.

There were 2 students who received their doctoral degrees in stats, making the school the #63 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

Stats Student Demographics at Temple

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the stats majors at Temple University.

Temple Statistics Bachelor’s Program

23% Women
35% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
For the most recent academic year available, 77% of stats bachelor's degrees went to men and 23% went to women.


Prospective students may be interested in knowing that this school graduates 10% more racial-ethnic minorities in its stats bachelor's program than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Temple University with a bachelor's in stats.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 7
Black or African American 2
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 12
International Students 4
Other Races/Ethnicities 1

Temple Statistics Master’s Program

15% Women
38% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The stats program at Temple awarded 13 master's degrees in 2020-2021. About 85% of these degrees went to men with the other 15% going to women.


In the stats master's program at this school, racial-ethnic minorities make up 38% of degree recipients. That is 14% better than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Temple University with a master's in stats.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 4
Black or African American 1
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 3
International Students 4
Other Races/Ethnicities 1

Temple also has a doctoral program available in stats. In 2021, 2 students graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Stats Grads May Go Into

A degree in stats can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for PA, the home state for Temple University.

Occupation Jobs in PA Average Salary in PA
Natural Sciences Managers 4,480 $147,810
Statisticians 3,710 $85,180
Mathematical Science Professors 2,460 $88,390
Actuaries 1,610 $120,090
Survey Researchers 510 $60,810


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.