Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Chemistry at Susquehanna University

Find Schools Near

Chemistry at Susquehanna University

Every chemistry school has its own distinct culture and strengths. We've pulled together some statistics and other details to help you see how the chemistry program at Susquehanna University stacks up to those at other schools.

Susquehanna is located in Selinsgrove, Pennsylvania and has a total student population of 2,315. In 2019, 5 chemistry majors received their bachelor's degree from Susquehanna.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Chemistry section at the bottom of this page.

Susquehanna Chemistry Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry

Susquehanna Chemistry Rankings

The following rankings from College Factual show how the chemistry progam at Susquehanna compares to programs at other colleges and universities.

Note: Rankings don't always give a complete picture of a school's strengths and weaknesses, so it's a good idea to extend your research and also look at other factors when trying to decide if the school is right for you.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The chemistry major at Susquehanna is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Chemistry. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Focused Chemistry Bachelor’s Degree Schools 388
Most Popular Chemistry Bachelor’s Degree Schools 659

Chemistry Student Demographics at Susquehanna

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the chemistry majors at Susquehanna University.

Susquehanna Chemistry Bachelor’s Program

60% Women
20% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2018-2019 academic year, 5 students earned a bachelor's degree in chemistry from Susquehanna. About 60% of these graduates were women and the other 40% were men.

Susquehanna Gender Breakdown of Chemistry Bachelor's Degree Grads

About 80% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in chemistry at Susquehanna are white. This is above average for this degree on the nationwide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Susquehanna University with a bachelor's in chemistry.

Racial-Ethnic Diversity of Chemistry Majors at Susquehanna University
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 1
White 4
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 0

Susquehanna also has a doctoral program available in chemistry. In 2019, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Chemistry Grads May Go Into

A degree in chemistry can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for PA, the home state for Susquehanna University.

Occupation Jobs in PA Average Salary in PA
High School Teachers 50,460 $64,830
Chemists 5,460 $77,250
Natural Sciences Managers 4,480 $147,810
Environmental Scientists and Specialists 2,050 $74,430
Chemistry Professors 1,430 $93,510

References

*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.