Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Clinical/Medical Laboratory Science at SUNY Plattsburgh

Find Schools Near

Clinical/Medical Laboratory Science at SUNY Plattsburgh

What traits are you looking for in a clinical laboratory science school? To help you decide if SUNY Plattsburgh is right for you, we've gathered the following information about the school's clinical laboratory science program.

SUNY Plattsburgh is located in Plattsburgh, New York and approximately 5,109 students attend the school each year. In 2021, 6 clinical laboratory science majors received their bachelor's degree from SUNY Plattsburgh.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Clinical/Medical Laboratory Science section at the bottom of this page.

SUNY Plattsburgh Clinical/Medical Laboratory Science Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Clinical Laboratory Science

SUNY Plattsburgh Clinical/Medical Laboratory Science Rankings

Each year, College Factual ranks clinical laboratory science programs across the country. The following shows how SUNY Plattsburgh performed in these rankings.

Note: Rankings don't always give a complete picture of a school's strengths and weaknesses, so it's a good idea to extend your research and also look at other factors when trying to decide if the school is right for you.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The clinical laboratory science major at SUNY Plattsburgh is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Clinical/Medical Laboratory Science. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Focused Clinical/Medical Laboratory Science Bachelor’s Degree Schools 114
Best Clinical/Medical Laboratory Science Schools 320

Clinical Laboratory Science Student Demographics at SUNY Plattsburgh

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the clinical laboratory science majors at SUNY Plattsburgh.

SUNY Plattsburgh Clinical/Medical Laboratory Science Bachelor’s Program

67% Women
17% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2020-2021 academic year, 6 students earned a bachelor's degree in clinical laboratory science from SUNY Plattsburgh. About 67% of these graduates were women and the other 33% were men. The typical clinical laboratory science bachelor's degree program is made up of only 17% men. So male students are more repesented at SUNY Plattsburgh since its program graduates 16% more men than average.


About 67% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in clinical laboratory science at SUNY Plattsburgh are white. This is above average for this degree on the nationwide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from SUNY Plattsburgh with a bachelor's in clinical laboratory science.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 1
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 4
International Students 1
Other Races/Ethnicities 0

SUNY Plattsburgh also has a doctoral program available in clinical laboratory science. In 2021, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Clinical Laboratory Science Grads May Go Into

A degree in clinical laboratory science can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for NY, the home state for SUNY Plattsburgh.

Occupation Jobs in NY Average Salary in NY
Health Specialties Professors 22,170 $127,230
Phlebotomists 6,190 $40,630
Surgical Technologists 5,750 $55,310
Health Technologists and Technicians 5,280 $55,700
Medical Equipment Preparers 3,600 $43,450


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.