Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Political Science & Government at SUNY Oswego

Find Schools Near

Political Science & Government at SUNY Oswego

What traits are you looking for in a political science school? To help you decide if SUNY Oswego is right for you, we've gathered the following information about the school's political science program.

SUNY Oswego is located in Oswego, New York and approximately 7,830 students attend the school each year. Of the 1,806 students who graduated with a bachelor’s degree from SUNY Oswego in 2019, 24 of them were political science and government majors.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Political Science & Government section at the bottom of this page.

SUNY Oswego Political Science & Government Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science

SUNY Oswego Political Science & Government Rankings

Each year, College Factual ranks political science programs across the country. The following shows how SUNY Oswego performed in these rankings.

Note: Rankings don't always give a complete picture of a school's strengths and weaknesses, so it's a good idea to extend your research and also look at other factors when trying to decide if the school is right for you.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The political science major at SUNY Oswego is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Political Science & Government. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Popular Political Science & Government Schools 446

Earnings of SUNY Oswego Political Science Graduates

The median salary of political science students who receive their bachelor's degree at SUNY Oswego is $24,700. This is less than $32,850, which is the national average of all political science majors in the nation who earn bachelor's degrees.

undefined

Political Science Student Demographics at SUNY Oswego

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the political science majors at SUNY Oswego.

SUNY Oswego Political Science & Government Bachelor’s Program

46% Women
46% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2018-2019 academic year, 24 students earned a bachelor's degree in political science from SUNY Oswego. About 46% of these graduates were women and the other 54% were men.

SUNY Oswego Gender Breakdown of Political Science & Government Bachelor's Degree Grads

Prospective students may be interested in knowing that this school graduates 10% more racial-ethnic minorities in its political science bachelor's program than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from SUNY Oswego with a bachelor's in political science.

Racial-Ethnic Diversity of Political Science & Government Majors at SUNY Oswego
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 1
Black or African American 4
Hispanic or Latino 5
White 11
International Students 2
Other Races/Ethnicities 1

SUNY Oswego also has a doctoral program available in political science. In 2019, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Political Science Grads May Go Into

A degree in political science can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for NY, the home state for SUNY Oswego.

Occupation Jobs in NY Average Salary in NY
Managers 16,600 $124,160
Political Science Professors 1,680 $125,360
Economics Professors 1,650 $129,370
Economists 750 $127,520
Political Scientists 90 $122,440

References

*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.