Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Atmospheric Sciences & Meteorology at SUNY Oneonta

Find Schools Near

Atmospheric Sciences & Meteorology at SUNY Oneonta

Every atmospheric sciences and meteorology school has its own distinct culture and strengths. We've pulled together some statistics and other details to help you see how the meteorology program at SUNY Oneonta stacks up to those at other schools.

SUNY Oneonta is located in Oneonta, New York and has a total student population of 6,718. Of the 1,507 students who graduated with a bachelor’s degree from SUNY Oneonta in 2021, 7 of them were atmospheric sciences and meteorology majors.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Atmospheric Sciences & Meteorology section at the bottom of this page.

SUNY Oneonta Atmospheric Sciences & Meteorology Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Meteorology

SUNY Oneonta Atmospheric Sciences & Meteorology Rankings

The following rankings from College Factual show how the meteorology progam at SUNY Oneonta compares to programs at other colleges and universities.

Note: Although rankings can help you see some information about a school, it's not a good idea to depend on them alone. Be sure to check out other things about the school before making your decision to attend.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The meteorology major at SUNY Oneonta is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Atmospheric Sciences & Meteorology. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Focused Atmospheric Sciences Bachelor’s Degree Schools 17
Best Atmospheric Sciences Schools 42

Meteorology Student Demographics at SUNY Oneonta

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the meteorology majors at SUNY Oneonta.

SUNY Oneonta Atmospheric Sciences & Meteorology Bachelor’s Program

43% Women
14% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2020-2021 academic year, 7 students earned a bachelor's degree in meteorology from SUNY Oneonta. About 43% of these graduates were women and the other 57% were men. The typical meteorology bachelor's degree program is made up of only 40% women. So female students are more repesented at SUNY Oneonta since its program graduates 3% more women than average.


About 86% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in meteorology at SUNY Oneonta are white. This is above average for this degree on the nationwide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from SUNY Oneonta with a bachelor's in meteorology.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 1
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 6
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 0

SUNY Oneonta also has a doctoral program available in meteorology. In 2021, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Meteorology Grads May Go Into

A degree in meteorology can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for NY, the home state for SUNY Oneonta.

Occupation Jobs in NY Average Salary in NY
Natural Sciences Managers 1,360 $148,460
Atmospheric, Earth, Marine, and Space Sciences Professors 880 $108,020
Atmospheric and Space Scientists 460 $89,840


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.