Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Teacher Education Grade Specific at SUNY Oneonta

Find Schools Near

Teacher Education Grade Specific at SUNY Oneonta

If you are interested in studying teacher education grade specific, you may want to check out the program at SUNY Oneonta. The following information will help you decide if it is a good fit for you.

SUNY Oneonta is located in Oneonta, New York and has a total student population of 6,718. Of the 1,507 students who graduated with a bachelor’s degree from SUNY Oneonta in 2021, 146 of them were teacher education grade specific majors.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Teacher Education Grade Specific section at the bottom of this page.

SUNY Oneonta Teacher Education Grade Specific Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Grade Specific Ed

SUNY Oneonta Teacher Education Grade Specific Rankings

The following rankings from College Factual show how the grade specific ed progam at SUNY Oneonta compares to programs at other colleges and universities.

Note: Rankings don't always give a complete picture of a school's strengths and weaknesses, so it's a good idea to extend your research and also look at other factors when trying to decide if the school is right for you.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The grade specific ed major at SUNY Oneonta is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Teacher Education Grade Specific. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Popular Teacher Education Grade Specific Schools 169
Best Value Teacher Education Grade Specific Schools 566

How Much Do Grade Specific Ed Graduates from SUNY Oneonta Make?

The median salary of grade specific ed students who receive their bachelor's degree at SUNY Oneonta is $28,981. This is less than $35,527, which is the national average of all grade specific ed majors in the nation who earn bachelor's degrees.


Grade Specific Ed Student Demographics at SUNY Oneonta

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the grade specific ed majors at SUNY Oneonta.

SUNY Oneonta Teacher Education Grade Specific Bachelor’s Program

92% Women
10% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2020-2021 academic year, 146 students earned a bachelor's degree in grade specific ed from SUNY Oneonta. About 92% of these graduates were women and the other 8% were men.


About 87% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in grade specific ed at SUNY Oneonta are white. This is above average for this degree on the nationwide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from SUNY Oneonta with a bachelor's in grade specific ed.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 4
Black or African American 1
Hispanic or Latino 9
White 127
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 5

SUNY Oneonta also has a doctoral program available in grade specific ed. In 2021, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Grade Specific Ed Grads May Go Into

A degree in grade specific ed can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for NY, the home state for SUNY Oneonta.

Occupation Jobs in NY Average Salary in NY
Elementary School Teachers 82,590 $83,010
High School Teachers 74,830 $85,300
Middle School Teachers 39,950 $83,490
Self-Enrichment Education Teachers 31,840 $56,060
Preschool Teachers 30,790 $48,630


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.