Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Economics at Buffalo State

Find Schools Near

Economics at Buffalo State

What traits are you looking for in a economics school? To help you decide if Buffalo State is right for you, we've gathered the following information about the school's economics program.

Buffalo State is located in Buffalo, New York and has a total student population of 8,339. In the 2020-2021 academic year, 54 students received a bachelor's degree in economics from Buffalo State.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Economics section at the bottom of this page.

Buffalo State Economics Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Economics
  • Master’s Degree in Economics

Buffalo State Economics Rankings

The following rankings from College Factual show how the economics progam at Buffalo State compares to programs at other colleges and universities.

Note: While rankings may be a good starting point when you're researching a school, they don't necessarily highlight all of a school's strengths. Don't forget to check out the other details that are available for a school to see if it has what you're looking for in a program.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The economics major at Buffalo State is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Economics. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Popular Economics Master’s Degree Schools 132
Best Value Economics Master’s Degree Schools 178
Most Focused Economics Schools 195
Best Value Economics Bachelor’s Degree Schools 255

In 2021, 8 students received their master’s degree in economics from Buffalo State. This makes it the #133 most popular school for economics master’s degree candidates in the country.

Earnings of Buffalo State Economics Graduates

The median salary of economics students who receive their bachelor's degree at Buffalo State is $36,130. This is less than $45,868, which is the national average of all economics majors in the nation who earn bachelor's degrees.


Economics Student Demographics at Buffalo State

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the economics majors at Buffalo State.

Buffalo State Economics Bachelor’s Program

33% Women
54% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2020-2021 academic year, 54 students earned a bachelor's degree in economics from Buffalo State. About 33% of these graduates were women and the other 67% were men.


Prospective students may be interested in knowing that this school graduates 23% more racial-ethnic minorities in its economics bachelor's program than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Buffalo State with a bachelor's in economics.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 5
Black or African American 17
Hispanic or Latino 7
White 23
International Students 1
Other Races/Ethnicities 1

Buffalo State Economics Master’s Program

38% Women
25% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
Of the 8 students who graduated with a master’s in economics from Buffalo State in 2021, 63% were men and 38% were women.


The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Buffalo State with a master's in economics.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 1
Black or African American 1
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 4
International Students 2
Other Races/Ethnicities 0

Buffalo State also has a doctoral program available in economics. In 2021, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Economics Grads May Go Into

A degree in economics can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for NY, the home state for Buffalo State.

Occupation Jobs in NY Average Salary in NY
Market Research Analysts and Marketing Specialists 63,520 $77,230
Managers 16,600 $124,160
Economics Professors 1,650 $129,370
Economists 750 $127,520
Survey Researchers 710 $74,130


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.