Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

General Psychology at Buffalo State

Find Schools Near

General Psychology at Buffalo State

What traits are you looking for in a psychology school? To help you decide if Buffalo State is right for you, we've gathered the following information about the school's psychology program.

Buffalo State is located in Buffalo, New York and has a total student population of 8,339. In 2021, 82 psychology majors received their bachelor's degree from Buffalo State.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in General Psychology section at the bottom of this page.

Buffalo State General Psychology Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology

Buffalo State General Psychology Rankings

Each year, College Factual ranks psychology programs across the country. The following shows how Buffalo State performed in these rankings.

Note: While rankings may be a good starting point when you're researching a school, they don't necessarily highlight all of a school's strengths. Don't forget to check out the other details that are available for a school to see if it has what you're looking for in a program.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The psychology major at Buffalo State is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for General Psychology. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Popular General Psychology Bachelor’s Degree Schools 361

Earnings of Buffalo State Psychology Graduates

The median salary of psychology students who receive their bachelor's degree at Buffalo State is $30,625. This is 7% higher than $28,637, which is the national average for all psychology bachelor's degree recipients.


Psychology Student Demographics at Buffalo State

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the psychology majors at Buffalo State.

Buffalo State General Psychology Bachelor’s Program

74% Women
44% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2020-2021 academic year, 82 students earned a bachelor's degree in psychology from Buffalo State. About 74% of these graduates were women and the other 26% were men. The typical psychology bachelor's degree program is made up of only 20% men. So male students are more repesented at Buffalo State since its program graduates 5% more men than average.


About 55% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in psychology at Buffalo State are white. This is above average for this degree on the nationwide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Buffalo State with a bachelor's in psychology.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 3
Black or African American 20
Hispanic or Latino 10
White 45
International Students 1
Other Races/Ethnicities 3

Buffalo State also has a doctoral program available in psychology. In 2021, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Psychology Grads May Go Into

A degree in psychology can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for NY, the home state for Buffalo State.

Occupation Jobs in NY Average Salary in NY
Managers 16,600 $124,160
Clinical, Counseling, and School Psychologists 11,370 $94,140
Psychology Professors 4,840 $99,690
Psychologists 480 $99,640


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.