Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

History at Purchase College

Find Schools Near

History at Purchase College

If you are interested in studying history, you may want to check out the program at Purchase College. The following information will help you decide if it is a good fit for you.

Purchase College is located in Purchase, New York and has a total student population of 3,685. In 2021, 23 history majors received their bachelor's degree from Purchase College.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in History section at the bottom of this page.

Purchase College History Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in History

Purchase College History Rankings

The following rankings from College Factual show how the history progam at Purchase College compares to programs at other colleges and universities.

Note: Rankings don't always give a complete picture of a school's strengths and weaknesses, so it's a good idea to extend your research and also look at other factors when trying to decide if the school is right for you.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The history major at Purchase College is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for History. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Focused History Schools 166
Most Popular History Schools 403
Best History Schools 415
Best History Bachelor’s Degree Schools 415

How Much Do History Graduates from Purchase College Make?

The median salary of history students who receive their bachelor's degree at Purchase College is $19,382. Unfortunately, this is lower than the national average of $28,881 for all history students.


History Student Demographics at Purchase College

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the history majors at Purchase College.

Purchase College History Bachelor’s Program

39% Women
26% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The history program at Purchase College awarded 23 bachelor's degrees in 2020-2021. About 61% of these degrees went to men with the other 39% going to women.


About 74% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in history at Purchase College are white. This is above average for this degree on the nationwide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Purchase College with a bachelor's in history.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 1
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 4
White 17
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 1

Purchase College also has a doctoral program available in history. In 2021, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That History Grads May Go Into

A degree in history can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for NY, the home state for Purchase College.

Occupation Jobs in NY Average Salary in NY
High School Teachers 74,830 $85,300
Managers 16,600 $124,160
History Professors 2,050 $93,000
Curators 1,570 $73,850
Museum Technicians and Conservators 1,490 $56,040


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.