Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

History at Binghamton University

Find Schools Near

History at Binghamton University

If you plan to study history, take a look at what Binghamton University has to offer and decide if the program is a good match for you. Get started with the following essential facts.

Binghamton University is located in Vestal, New York and approximately 18,148 students attend the school each year. Of the 4,004 students who graduated with a bachelor’s degree from Binghamton University in 2021, 88 of them were history majors.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in History section at the bottom of this page.

Binghamton University History Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in History
  • Master’s Degree in History
  • Doctorate Degree in History

Binghamton University History Rankings

Each year, College Factual ranks history programs across the country. The following shows how Binghamton University performed in these rankings.

Note: While rankings may be a good starting point when you're researching a school, they don't necessarily highlight all of a school's strengths. Don't forget to check out the other details that are available for a school to see if it has what you're looking for in a program.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The history major at Binghamton University is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for History. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Focused History Doctor’s Degree Schools 13
Most Popular History Bachelor’s Degree Schools 47
Most Focused History Schools 274
Most Focused History Bachelor’s Degree Schools 310

In 2021, 6 students received their master’s degree in history from Binghamton University. This makes it the #148 most popular school for history master’s degree candidates in the country.

There were 8 students who received their doctoral degrees in history, making the school the #27 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

Earnings of Binghamton University History Graduates

The median salary of history students who receive their bachelor's degree at Binghamton University is $23,746. This is less than $28,881, which is the national average of all history majors in the nation who earn bachelor's degrees.


History Student Demographics at Binghamton University

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the history majors at Binghamton University.

Binghamton University History Bachelor’s Program

39% Women
19% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
During the 2020-2021 academic year, 88 students graduated with a bachelor's degree in history from Binghamton University. About 61% were men and 39% were women.


About 80% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in history at Binghamton University are white. This is above average for this degree on the nationwide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Binghamton University with a bachelor's in history.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 4
Black or African American 3
Hispanic or Latino 8
White 70
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 3

Binghamton University History Master’s Program

33% Women
17% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The history program at Binghamton University awarded 6 master's degrees in 2020-2021. About 67% of these degrees went to men with the other 33% going to women.


The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Binghamton University with a master's in history.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 3
International Students 2
Other Races/Ethnicities 1

Binghamton University also has a doctoral program available in history. In 2021, 8 students graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That History Grads May Go Into

A degree in history can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for NY, the home state for Binghamton University.

Occupation Jobs in NY Average Salary in NY
High School Teachers 74,830 $85,300
Managers 16,600 $124,160
History Professors 2,050 $93,000
Curators 1,570 $73,850
Museum Technicians and Conservators 1,490 $56,040


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.