Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Classical Languages & Literature at Binghamton University

Find Schools Near

Classical Languages & Literature at Binghamton University

If you plan to study classical languages and literature, take a look at what Binghamton University has to offer and decide if the program is a good match for you. Get started with the following essential facts.

Binghamton University is located in Vestal, New York and has a total student population of 18,148. In 2021, 7 classical languages majors received their bachelor's degree from Binghamton University.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Classical Languages & Literature section at the bottom of this page.

Binghamton University Classical Languages & Literature Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Classical Languages

Binghamton University Classical Languages & Literature Rankings

Each year, College Factual ranks classical languages programs across the country. The following shows how Binghamton University performed in these rankings.

Note: Rankings don't always give a complete picture of a school's strengths and weaknesses, so it's a good idea to extend your research and also look at other factors when trying to decide if the school is right for you.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The classical languages major at Binghamton University is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Classical Languages & Literature. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Focused Classical Languages & Literature Schools 130

Classical Languages Student Demographics at Binghamton University

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the classical languages majors at Binghamton University.

Binghamton University Classical Languages & Literature Bachelor’s Program

43% Women
In the 2020-2021 academic year, 7 students earned a bachelor's degree in classical languages from Binghamton University. About 43% of these graduates were women and the other 57% were men. The typical classical languages bachelor's degree program is made up of only 44% men. So male students are more repesented at Binghamton University since its program graduates 14% more men than average.


About 86% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in classical languages at Binghamton University are white. This is above average for this degree on the nationwide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Binghamton University with a bachelor's in classical languages.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 6
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 1

Binghamton University also has a doctoral program available in classical languages. In 2021, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Classical Languages Grads May Go Into

A degree in classical languages can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for NY, the home state for Binghamton University.

Occupation Jobs in NY Average Salary in NY
High School Teachers 74,830 $85,300
Interpreters and Translators 3,300 $68,940
Foreign Language and Literature Professors 3,130 $87,670


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.