Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Drama & Theater Arts at University at Albany

Find Schools Near

Drama & Theater Arts at University at Albany

What traits are you looking for in a theater school? To help you decide if University at Albany is right for you, we've gathered the following information about the school's theater program.

UAlbany is located in Albany, New York and approximately 17,688 students attend the school each year. Of the 3,669 students who graduated with a bachelor’s degree from University at Albany in 2021, 17 of them were drama and theater arts majors.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Drama & Theater Arts section at the bottom of this page.

UAlbany Drama & Theater Arts Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Theater

UAlbany Drama & Theater Arts Rankings

The following rankings from College Factual show how the theater progam at UAlbany compares to programs at other colleges and universities.

Note: Rankings don't always give a complete picture of a school's strengths and weaknesses, so it's a good idea to extend your research and also look at other factors when trying to decide if the school is right for you.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The theater major at UAlbany is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Drama & Theater Arts. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Drama & Theater Arts Bachelor’s Degree Schools 240

In 2021, 0 student received their master’s degree in theater from UAlbany. This is the #151 most popular school for theater master’s degree candidates in the country.

Theater Student Demographics at UAlbany

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the theater majors at University at Albany.

UAlbany Drama & Theater Arts Bachelor’s Program

53% Women
35% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The theater program at UAlbany awarded 17 bachelor's degrees in 2020-2021. About 47% of these degrees went to men with the other 53% going to women. The typical theater bachelor's degree program is made up of only 36% men. So male students are more repesented at UAlbany since its program graduates 11% more men than average.


About 65% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in theater at UAlbany are white. This is above average for this degree on the nationwide level. Prospective students may be interested in knowing that this school graduates 3% more racial-ethnic minorities in its theater bachelor's program than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from University at Albany with a bachelor's in theater.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 1
Black or African American 1
Hispanic or Latino 3
White 11
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 1

UAlbany also has a doctoral program available in theater. In 2021, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Theater Grads May Go Into

A degree in theater can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for NY, the home state for University at Albany.

Occupation Jobs in NY Average Salary in NY
Producers and Directors 26,110 $115,610
Art, Drama, and Music Professors 11,530 $99,870
Fashion Designers 7,550 $95,830
Writers and Authors 7,410 $86,380


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.