Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Public Policy at University at Albany

Find Schools Near

Public Policy at University at Albany

What traits are you looking for in a public policy school? To help you decide if University at Albany is right for you, we've gathered the following information about the school's public policy program.

UAlbany is located in Albany, New York and approximately 17,688 students attend the school each year. In the 2020-2021 academic year, 32 students received a bachelor's degree in public policy from UAlbany.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Public Policy section at the bottom of this page.

UAlbany Public Policy Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Public Policy

UAlbany Public Policy Rankings

Each year, College Factual ranks public policy programs across the country. The following shows how UAlbany performed in these rankings.

Note: While rankings may be a good starting point when you're researching a school, they don't necessarily highlight all of a school's strengths. Don't forget to check out the other details that are available for a school to see if it has what you're looking for in a program.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The public policy major at UAlbany is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Public Policy. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Focused Public Policy Master’s Degree Schools 97

In 2021, 0 student received their master’s degree in public policy from UAlbany. This is the #98 most popular school for public policy master’s degree candidates in the country.

Public Policy Student Demographics at UAlbany

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the public policy majors at University at Albany.

UAlbany Public Policy Bachelor’s Program

69% Women
34% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The public policy program at UAlbany awarded 32 bachelor's degrees in 2020-2021. About 31% of these degrees went to men with the other 69% going to women.


About 66% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in public policy at UAlbany are white. This is above average for this degree on the nationwide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from University at Albany with a bachelor's in public policy.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 1
Black or African American 5
Hispanic or Latino 4
White 21
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 1

UAlbany also has a doctoral program available in public policy. In 2021, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Public Policy Grads May Go Into

A degree in public policy can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for NY, the home state for University at Albany.

Occupation Jobs in NY Average Salary in NY
Medical and Health Services Managers 25,830 $143,030
Health Specialties Professors 22,170 $127,230
Legislators 6,220 $90,050
Education Professors 5,590 $88,580
Social Scientists 2,410 $84,940


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.